October 09, 2023
2528 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2729 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

GW and FFG Breaking Up?

More
14 Sep 2016 11:23 #234224 by JEM
Replied by JEM on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
I got an email from him explaining that they'd had a huge amount of unexpected orders on several games and they were going to check warehouses for stock. I got the hint that some orders may be cancelled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2016 11:24 #234225 by bendgar
Replied by bendgar on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
At the bottom of Warstore's main page is a link for checking an order status. Just put in the order # and email. I canceled my order of FoD from them because it was on backorder.

More
14 Sep 2016 11:43 #234228 by Columbob
Replied by Columbob on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
Nobody's asked the most essential question in all of this mess: WHAT ABOUT HORUS HERESY? It's not on the list! How many forlorn pallets of those are lingering around in the FFG warehouses? Or were they all shifted already?

"unexpected orders" haha
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, sornars

More
14 Sep 2016 12:21 #234234 by stoic
Replied by stoic on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?

bendgar wrote: At the bottom of Warstore's main page is a link for checking an order status. Just put in the order # and email. I canceled my order of FoD from them because it was on backorder.

Last week after the GW/FFG Apocalypse, I ordered FoD @45 w/ Prime shipping from Amazon even when it said "Temporarily Out of Stock." I waited too long to order when "the run" began. All major online vendors were out.

Here was my thinking. I figured that FFG and the distributors would restock Amazon first due to volume. Amazon doesn't bill you unless they ship. This was a gamble, but, I just received a shipping notice for delivery for next week.

Meanwhile, in case that order didn't go through, I reserved FoD at my local B&N. They had 4 copies. I just cancelled my reserve on it. Trifecta FoD at B&N using a membership discount, coupons etc. You can check inventory online at your local store.

More
14 Sep 2016 12:24 - 14 Sep 2016 12:25 #234235 by stoic
Replied by stoic on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?

Columbob wrote: Nobody's asked the most essential question in all of this mess: WHAT ABOUT HORUS HERESY? It's not on the list! How many forlorn pallets of those are lingering around in the FFG warehouses? Or were they all shifted already?

"unexpected orders" haha

v

What's wrong with Horus Heresy other than it's a very long two player game and the miniatures don't fit well on the 3D buildings?
Last edit: 14 Sep 2016 12:25 by stoic.

More
14 Sep 2016 12:25 #234237 by ChristopherMD
Checked my order status for the 2 Death Angel expansions I ordered. 0 in stock, backordered. So much for getting those since I probably won't find them reasonably priced now. Better not see this asshole selling them on eBay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
14 Sep 2016 12:26 - 14 Sep 2016 12:27 #234238 by sornars
Replied by sornars on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?

Columbob wrote: Nobody's asked the most essential question in all of this mess: WHAT ABOUT HORUS HERESY? It's not on the list! How many forlorn pallets of those are lingering around in the FFG warehouses? Or were they all shifted already?

"unexpected orders" haha

You had me worried so I did a quick bit of Googling and found this: www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/more/product-document-archive/ . Looks like my little archive project was unnecessary!

FFG seems to maintain links to the rules even when they lose the license (see: Starcraft). This makes sense as FFG would likely own the rights to the rules themselves...
Last edit: 14 Sep 2016 12:27 by sornars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Columbob

More
14 Sep 2016 12:53 #234240 by Msample
Replied by Msample on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?

"unexpected orders" haha

They were selling it for like $25 at the Black Friday sale a couple years ago - I think that flushed the last of it out there.

More
14 Sep 2016 12:55 #234241 by Egg Shen
Replied by Egg Shen on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
If you're desperate for Fury of Dracula you can still order it directly from FFG, You will be paying MSRP + shipping, but that is still probably going to be better than what the scalpers will jack the price up to in a few weeks/months.

www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/fury-of-dracula/

More
14 Sep 2016 13:04 #234242 by Chaz
Replied by Chaz on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
Sad to see that The War Store's website inventory doesn't reflect their actual stock. I've had the BBTM and Death Angel expansions in my cart waffling about them, but maybe now I just won't bother.

More
14 Sep 2016 13:53 #234245 by Mr. White
Replied by Mr. White on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
Great.

I placed an order with a LGS for two SH:DA expansions I don't have. They looked up what was available in their warehouse/distributor/idontknow and said they had the two. Order placed and I expect a call on Thursday or Friday for pickup.

Maybe I'll get a call saying they're no longer available...

Man, I remember when I could have ordered all 4 for $30 shipped on eBay.

More
14 Sep 2016 14:33 #234248 by charlest
Replied by charlest on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
FYI - If you're contemplating Fury of Dracula, it's worth noting it will appear on TableTop this season. I imagine it will be jacked way up in price when that occurs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bendgar, Gary Sax, Frohike, stoic

More
14 Sep 2016 14:38 #234249 by Msample
Replied by Msample on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
And retailers will be frustrated they can't cash in on the spike in demand that will be generated.

More
14 Sep 2016 14:45 - 14 Sep 2016 14:48 #234251 by Mr. White
Replied by Mr. White on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
Ha!

I _just_ got the call....the DH:SA PODs are not available and my order couldn't be fulfilled. Shop guy said everyone's gone nuts since the news.

Warstore says 'regular stock', but can't be trusted?

Damn, I should have ordered from amazon or something on Sept 5th the second I created this thread...
Last edit: 14 Sep 2016 14:48 by Mr. White.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

More
14 Sep 2016 18:22 #234279 by ChristopherMD
Went into 3 LGS's on my way home from work. One had Fury and Talisman with expansions and another had Forbidden Stars but I didn't buy. No joy on the pod expansions though. Folks, its no longer FOMO. You've gotten or you missed out.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds