October 09, 2023
2530 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2729 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

GW and FFG Breaking Up?

More
12 Sep 2016 15:03 #234021 by stoic
Replied by stoic on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?

Michael Barnes wrote:

stoic wrote:

Michael Barnes wrote: I think Diskwars is one we are going to see on the Christmas sale...and I would expect it to be much more common because it never really sold much in the first place. It is a really good game.

Yes, but, will you see the Diskwars expansions?

FO...MO...

You have to find the two expansions for it if you purchase the core. LOL. FOMO.

But, here's another question, since we'll never now see all of the planned expansions for it as intended by FFG, is it a complete game as it is? That's the same problem/question for Warhammer Quest: ACG.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2016 16:39 #234041 by san il defanso
Complete is kind of a slippery word when dealing with games like Diskwars, but there's a surprising amount of content even in just one core. There are numerous squad-building options, and lots of terrain to work with. The expansions have weird ratios, in that they give more units for the core factions, a full-on multi-leader faction, and two factions with enough to field one squad at a time. They clearly meant to add more to the Skaven, Dark Elves, Wood Elves, and Lizardmen, so in that sense it's not so complete as it might be. But for a very low price point there's a lot of content out there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stoic

More
12 Sep 2016 21:02 #234062 by Sevej

More
12 Sep 2016 23:27 #234075 by Disgustipater
CSI got more copies of Fury of Dracula in. Limit 1 per customer this time.

More
13 Sep 2016 00:24 - 13 Sep 2016 00:25 #234077 by Mr. White
Replied by Mr. White on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?

Disgustipater wrote: CSI got more copies of Fury of Dracula in. Limit 1 per customer this time.

What's the verdict on this edition? I mean its usefulness beyond a retirement plan. Worth playing?
Last edit: 13 Sep 2016 00:25 by Mr. White.

More
13 Sep 2016 00:44 #234079 by san il defanso

Mr. White wrote:

Disgustipater wrote: CSI got more copies of Fury of Dracula in. Limit 1 per customer this time.

What's the verdict on this edition? I mean its usefulness beyond a retirement plan. Worth playing?

It's every good thing about second edition, with almost none of the bad. They did a great job adjusting the turns to make the time scale of the game make a lot more sense, and the combat has all of the good double-guessing of second edition with none of the more irritating aspects. If it hadn't been for last week's announcement, I would have said this version would be the one people will be playing in 20 years. It's definitive as far as I'm concerned.

More
13 Sep 2016 00:59 #234084 by Space Ghost
Replied by Space Ghost on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
I picked up a copy of 3rd Edition based on Josh and Egg's recommendation. I am going to switch the box cover out for my 2nd edition.

How do the maps compare? Figures are the same, right -- I painted the 2nd edition as my foray into painting, so I want to use those if I can.

More
13 Sep 2016 09:25 #234098 by ufe20
Replied by ufe20 on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
Looking at FoD myself. Is there an ideal player count? Usually have 4 people, does 3v1 work well?

More
13 Sep 2016 09:28 #234099 by hotseatgames
That will work, it will just require one player to run 2 hunters. You always have to have all of them.

More
13 Sep 2016 09:32 #234101 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
Only one niggling at my mind is forbidden stars...

More
13 Sep 2016 09:57 #234103 by ChristopherMD
Still need to play Fury of Dracula with a group that knows it and likes it. It bombed with my group and everyone thought it was too long and boring. Yet I consistently hear from people here how incredibly fun and exciting it is. Is this a case where its "fun with the right group?" Because groups I play in don't find several hours of nothing happening to be fun.

More
13 Sep 2016 10:12 #234104 by Egg Shen
Replied by Egg Shen on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?

Mad Dog wrote: Still need to play Fury of Dracula with a group that knows it and likes it. It bombed with my group and everyone thought it was too long and boring. Yet I consistently hear from people here how incredibly fun and exciting it is. Is this a case where its "fun with the right group?" Because groups I play in don't find several hours of nothing happening to be fun.

Fury of Dracula can be boring as shit if the Dracula player spends the entire game trying to hide and slowly eek out a victory that way. This was always exasperated in second edition because Dracula essentially had his "reset the game when I disappear" card. These are the games where it takes 4-6 hours to play.

With an aggressive Dracula player the game is much more exciting. There will be more fights, more trails to follow, and the game will have exciting finishes. Also, the game will end in 2-3 hours which is ideal. My suggestion is to play Dracula and be a fiendish terror across Europe!
The following user(s) said Thank You: metalface13, ChristopherMD, Columbob, ufe20

More
13 Sep 2016 10:17 #234106 by Chaz
Replied by Chaz on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
I'm going to do some digging around on this later today, but is BBTM one of those deals where you build a deck before the game, or can people just sit down and play?

More
13 Sep 2016 10:20 #234107 by metalface13
Replied by metalface13 on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?

Chaz wrote: I'm going to do some digging around on this later today, but is BBTM one of those deals where you build a deck before the game, or can people just sit down and play?

People just sit down and play, you add to the deck as you play.

More
13 Sep 2016 10:21 #234108 by Mr. White
Replied by Mr. White on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
Sit down and play.

Great game! Maybe the best use of thematic deck building.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds