October 09, 2023
2561 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2762 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What MOVIE(s) have you been....seeing? watching?

More
15 Oct 2023 22:16 #340774 by n815e
Saw the new Paw Patrol movie. We really enjoyed it. Say what you want, but I so appreciate the positive messages of kids movies and tv shows.

Later on, I watched The Northman. I didn’t expect the movie to be what it was. It’s very good, and after this and The Witch, I am a fan of the director. But what a fucked up movie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, RobertB, jason10mm, sornars

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2023 22:54 #340775 by charlest
Have you seen The Lighthouse? I would say that's Eggert's best film. Similarly fucked up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars, n815e

More
15 Oct 2023 22:59 #340776 by n815e
Not yet, but I will!
The following user(s) said Thank You: charlest

More
24 Oct 2023 14:26 #340836 by Rliyen
Rewatched Dredd last night and I'm still mad I was unable to see it in the theaters. I plan on watching Dog Soldiers this weekend, complete with the Onion Knight screaming, "THERE WAS ONLY SUPPOSED TO BE ONE!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, ChristopherMD, Msample, sornars, n815e

More
24 Oct 2023 15:34 #340842 by Msample
I'd watch the shit out of a DREDD TV series.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, ChristopherMD, hotseatgames, sornars, n815e

More
24 Oct 2023 15:57 #340845 by hotseatgames
I watched Amsterdam on Max, and that movie was great. Tons of great actors + Taylor Swift :) , Christian Bale just kills it.

More
24 Oct 2023 16:18 #340846 by Rliyen

Msample wrote: I'd watch the shit out of a DREDD TV series.

You and me both.

More
24 Oct 2023 18:33 #340849 by n815e
Dredd got me into the comics. I’d love more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, ChristopherMD

More
24 Oct 2023 20:33 #340850 by ChristopherMD

Msample wrote: I'd watch the shit out of a DREDD TV series.

It doesn't even seem like it would be that expensive to make, relatively speaking. If the Sci-Fi Channel could afford Battlestar Galactica 20 years ago, then some streaming service can afford this today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, Msample, n815e, Kmann

More
25 Oct 2023 11:34 #340852 by DarthJoJo
Just your regular reminder that Hot Fuzz is brilliant, and we are all lucky it exists. Just an amazing balancing act of parody and comedy and action and loving homage with generous character work that doesn’t short change a single element.

Still finding new things to enjoy on my third viewing. The repeated cocking sound effect while the team heads to the supermarket showdown. The framing of Sergeant Fisher on his introduction. The five different angles of Angel and Danny leaping through the air shooting two guns whilst screaming “Ahh.”

Perfect. No notes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, jason10mm, sornars, n815e, Kmann

More
09 Nov 2023 12:33 #340972 by DarthJoJo
A pair of low-budget, direct-to-streaming efforts for me. Castle Falls gets the maximum out of a great hook. A thief stashed his stolen millions in a condemned hospital. Now it’s a three-way race to grab it before its explosive demolition between Dolph Lundgren’s prison guard with a sick daughter, Scott Adkins’ washed MMA fighter and a gang. Inessential but very competent work top to bottom. Only wish for a hammier villain.

Somewhere in Queens is a complete Ray Romano production: starring and written and directed by and with another five Romanos in the cast. Working-class dad becomes a little overly involved in his son’s possible college basketball career. Only worth it for Romano and Laurie Metcalf’s performances. Not bad but nothing else really stands out except for how stupid the son’s decision at the end is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

More
11 Nov 2023 12:32 - 11 Nov 2023 17:18 #340984 by ChristopherMD
See How They Run - A murder mystery/comedy starring Sam Rockwell and Saoirse Ronan, set in 1950's London around a popular murder mystery play. I enjoyed it more than either of the two knives out movies, which were good themselves. Its one of those movies that follows a formula, while mocking it every step of the way.
Last edit: 11 Nov 2023 17:18 by ChristopherMD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars, DarthJoJo, n815e

More
11 Nov 2023 14:16 - 12 Nov 2023 10:23 #340985 by hotseatgames
I watched two new Netflix releases:

The Killer - Michael Fassbender plays an assassin who is very precise in his work, but something goes awry and he finds himself the hunted as opposed to the hunter. This film is okay. It's fairly light on action, but the main action scene is pretty radical. It's fine, just don't expect to be on the edge of your seat.

Edit - I forgot to mention my favorite part of the film, the assassin loves The Smiths and you hear at least 8 Smiths tracks.

Resident Evil: Death Island - This CGI animated film has the look of an RE remake cutscene, which is a compliment. Someone figured out a way to get Leon, Chris, Claire, Rebecca, and Jill all in the same film. That in itself is impressive, even if the story is pretty dumb. The action sequences are very over the top to the point of being goofy, but Resident Evil itself is always pretty goofy. This is decent fun, but if you aren't a fan of RE, I wouldn't bother.
Last edit: 12 Nov 2023 10:23 by hotseatgames.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, sornars

More
11 Nov 2023 15:01 #340986 by charlest
I enjoyed The Killer. The final act was a little underwhelming, but that fight scene was excellent. It reminded me of the ridiculous knife fight in Eastern Promises.

But it feels like a Fincher movie. Great cinematography and has a great look to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, hotseatgames, sornars

More
13 Nov 2023 11:00 #340990 by Rliyen

hotseatgames wrote: I watched two new Netflix releases:

The Killer - Michael Fassbender plays an assassin who is very precise in his work, but something goes awry and he finds himself the hunted as opposed to the hunter. This film is okay. It's fairly light on action, but the main action scene is pretty radical. It's fine, just don't expect to be on the edge of your seat.

Edit - I forgot to mention my favorite part of the film, the assassin loves The Smiths and you hear at least 8 Smiths tracks.

Resident Evil: Death Island - This CGI animated film has the look of an RE remake cutscene, which is a compliment. Someone figured out a way to get Leon, Chris, Claire, Rebecca, and Jill all in the same film. That in itself is impressive, even if the story is pretty dumb. The action sequences are very over the top to the point of being goofy, but Resident Evil itself is always pretty goofy. This is decent fun, but if you aren't a fan of RE, I wouldn't bother.

I watched The Killer and enjoyed the monologuing, despite that being a weak way to screen write. I also loved that his aliases were characters from old 70s-80s shows. The scene where the lawyer's secretary looks at the camera and goes in the building is the same building where I work. The jewelry store is fake, as was the camera. The building she moved into was originally a Jos A Bank store that closed down. The magic of film...

I also watched Resident Evil: Death Island, but only got so far as when they discover the scientist where I just gave up. I'd already saw where the plot was going, a one dimensional villain spouting inane platitudes about right and wrong. Previous RE animated movies went that route and I wasn't interested in wasting any more of my time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames, sornars, DarthJoJo

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.581 seconds