October 09, 2023
2664 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2842 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Daredevil Season 2 Trailer

More
18 Feb 2016 18:45 - 18 Feb 2016 18:59 #222805 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic Daredevil Season 2 Trailer

repoman wrote:

JonJacob wrote:

repoman wrote: Right wing angry at the poor type? What in the fuck are you talking about?

Hurry up and make the point that he's white and heterosexual and could be construed as old.

God damn sometimes this place bores me to tears.

I'm not here for your entertainment.

You know you can post what you like without having to drag me into your bullshit problems. He seems like a fascist to me, nothing to do with white whatsoever.

Jesus, it's like you can't have an opinion without someone trying to rain on your parade for no good reason. Don't be such an asshole.

Proving that you know little about what fascism is or was. Punisher is a murderous vigalante who feels himself above the law. So in a sense he is a "superman" though in the Dostoyevsky sense and not the Aryian one. There is little outside of a belief in self reliance that would make him even close to "right wing".

As to "angry at the poor". Wasn't aware that he murdered only the destitute.

See the problem is you casually connect being a murderer, a fascist, unfeeling, and angry at the poor with right wing i.e. being conservative. Which is bull shit.

If growing weary of such conventional wisdom is my problem, so be it.

I'm not going to argue with you, you're far too big an asshole right now and you've completely misread my intentions. Your sole purpose of posting was to shit on me. This is a fucking thread about a stupid comic book TV show. 'Conventional wisdom' bah - go fuck yourself.

You could have made your point politely and then I could have clarified, but I guess I haven't earned enough respect from you for that.
Last edit: 18 Feb 2016 18:59 by OldHippy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2016 19:31 #222807 by boothwah
Replied by boothwah on topic Daredevil Season 2 Trailer

CAT FIGHT

More
19 Feb 2016 23:29 #222882 by Feelitmon
Looks good, can't wait, etc.

In terms of attitude, power level, and interaction with heroes and villains of different backgrounds, (Punisher + Spider-Man) / 2 = Daredevil. I like that the Punisher is going to make Daredevil look positively sane and easygoing.

More
22 Feb 2016 17:22 #223013 by Ken B.
Replied by Ken B. on topic Daredevil Season 2 Trailer

repoman wrote: See the problem is you casually connect being a murderer, a fascist, unfeeling, and angry at the poor with right wing i.e. being conservative. Which is bull shit.

Eh, not really.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Black Barney

More
22 Feb 2016 17:34 #223014 by Black Barney
I don't like how they make Daredevil to be such a typical whiny Libertarian. You know the type.

More
23 Feb 2016 14:45 #223074 by Green Lantern

Ken B. wrote:

repoman wrote: See the problem is you casually connect being a murderer, a fascist, unfeeling, and angry at the poor with right wing i.e. being conservative. Which is bull shit.

Eh, not really.

This from the crew that probably supports Planned Parenthood. Typical liberal hypocrisy at play again; calling conservatives murderers when it's the progressive left that's okay with taking life in the womb.

Was it not you that said a few weeks back that this type of "talk" would not be tolerated on the Fort, Ken? That snarky comment gets a pass here but if I chime and and call you idiots a bunch of baby killing libtards I bet that would face some nasty backlash. This is a perfect example of the caustic behavior SuperflyTNT was calling out a few days back and I've had it. You guys enjoy your liberal group think that craps on any opinion that clashes with yours. I'm out.

More
23 Feb 2016 14:59 - 23 Feb 2016 15:12 #223077 by Black Barney
What you said is far worse, GL.

See ya.

Last edit: 23 Feb 2016 15:12 by Black Barney.

More
23 Feb 2016 15:48 #223082 by jay718
Replied by jay718 on topic Daredevil Season 2 Trailer

Green Lantern wrote:

Ken B. wrote:

Eh, not really.

This from the crew that probably supports Planned Parenthood. Typical liberal hypocrisy at play again; calling conservatives murderers when it's the progressive left that's okay with taking life in the womb.

Was it not you that said a few weeks back that this type of "talk" would not be tolerated on the Fort, Ken? That snarky comment gets a pass here but if I chime and and call you idiots a bunch of baby killing libtards I bet that would face some nasty backlash. This is a perfect example of the caustic behavior SuperflyTNT was calling out a few days back and I've had it. You guys enjoy your liberal group think that craps on any opinion that clashes with yours. I'm out.

I seriously can't tell if this is a joke or not.

More
23 Feb 2016 15:49 #223083 by jay718
Replied by jay718 on topic Daredevil Season 2 Trailer
Really getting psyched for season 2 though...

More
23 Feb 2016 15:53 #223085 by Joebot
Replied by Joebot on topic Daredevil Season 2 Trailer
WOW. That escalated quickly. How we got from Daredevil to Planned Parenthood is beyond me.

ANYWAY ... yeah, I'm looking forward to this too (Daredevil, that is, not Planned Parenthood). I really enjoyed the first season of Daredevil, and I liked Jessica Jones even more. I like the short season format, as it seems to make for tighter storytelling than Agents of SHIELD, or even the DC stuff on the CW.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, Tim Champlin

More
23 Feb 2016 15:53 #223086 by the_jake_1973
Begin tran

update dbo.FortressAT
set Panties_Wadded = 1
where member_name = 'Green Lantern'

commit tran
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
23 Feb 2016 16:40 - 23 Feb 2016 16:45 #223092 by Mr. White
I see this all the time, but don't understand it. Near as I can tell both camps are right and wrong. The accusations leveled at each side could be true depending on how far the argument is taken. Only difference is one side expresses contempt through anger while the other does through witty quips.
Last edit: 23 Feb 2016 16:45 by Mr. White.

More
23 Feb 2016 16:52 #223093 by Shellhead

Mr. White wrote: I see this all the time, but don't understand it. Near as I can tell both camps are right and wrong. The accusations leveled at each side could be true depending on how far the argument is taken. Only difference is one side expresses contempt through anger while the other does through witty quips.

It's annoying because both sides tend to talk past each other and often can't even engage in a reasonable discussion because they are reciting talking points from elsewhere. The right wingers get wound up on a daily basis by Fox and Rush and other pundits who have cynically made a commodity out of anger. The lefties get their material from comedians and amusing internet memes. Both sides are obsessed with scoring points instead of finding common ground so we can work on some major problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. White

More
23 Feb 2016 17:11 #223094 by Black Barney
Hard to find common ground when you're being called a baby killer or idiot.

More
23 Feb 2016 17:19 - 23 Feb 2016 17:29 #223095 by Mr. White
C'mon, Barney, there was a salvo prior to that where the right was called fascist and murderers. What response was expected?

Both sides are smelling like assholes in this exchange...

I hope GL doesn't leave. I like his rpg comments and contributions.
Last edit: 23 Feb 2016 17:29 by Mr. White.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds