October 09, 2023
2557 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2756 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What TV SHOWS are you watching ARCHIVE

More
27 Jan 2015 13:16 #196328 by hotseatgames

Columbob wrote: Has anyone watched the first couple of episodes of 12 Monkeys? I'm wondering if that's any good, the episodes are still available online for the time being (Showcase in Canada). The Gilliam movie blew me away at 17.

I've watched all of them so far. It starts out quite a bit like the movie, and only gets good once it starts to stray. I like it enough to stick with it, but don't expect acting on the caliber of the movie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2015 00:07 #197375 by Grudunza
Better Call Saul... First ep was a decent introduction to the feel of the show, but the second has kicked it up to Breaking Bad territory. Saul's (Jimmy at this point) negotiation scene was truly twisted fun.

More
11 Feb 2015 06:56 #197385 by KingPut
Favorite shows of 2014. I can't wait until the new 2015 seasons.
1. Game of Thrones
2. Vikings
3. True Detectives
4. Fargo

More
11 Feb 2015 07:21 #197387 by Cranberries
I'm watching The Americans and the final season of Justified. Sometimes The Americans is trying too hard to be edgy or loudly announce that it is a cable show, but it's at its strongest when it shows the relationships (as opposed to hiding bodies in suitcases by cracking their arms or showing us Philips 1970s spy sex, over and over).

Justified's last season was sort of scattered, but this final season is off to a good start. i hope they don't try too hard to shift completely away from the show's comic moments, although we all know that Important Characters are going to kill each other. Fans know that people we have grown to love are going to die violently.

Everything else I'm watching, and there is way too much, is just methadone until one of the above two shows comes back on. Justified and the Americans are so prone to use cliff hangers that I'm tempted (but ultimately too weak) to wait a month or two and just binge watch them, which would be very fun, but potentially dangerous, like shooting up when you get out of rehab.

More
11 Feb 2015 07:51 #197388 by JEM
Better Call Saul, which hit the ground running, quality-wise. I'm so happy to be back "in" this world. My favourite thing on telly right now is Black Sails, though. And it looks like they got some budget for ship battles (or they blew it all on the first episodes).

More
11 Feb 2015 14:35 - 11 Feb 2015 14:37 #197436 by Black Barney
dying to see next Game of Thrones season this August (that's when I binge-watch the entire season in a week)

still watching DAILY SHOW each night, was surprised and yet not surprised to hear Jon Stewart announcing he's leaving the show this year. Going to be a big year for late night. No more Letterman, no more Stewart, new Colbert, new Larry Wilmore.

still enjoying the first bit of the NIGHTLY SHOW with LARRY WILMORE. Once he hits the panel discussion, I can't watch it anymore.

I wish the ST:Next Gen would play at times other than 4pm weekdays and 5am. I get the itch to watch it sometimes...

gave up on The WALKING DEAD after the first episode this season. I've sort of just had it. I feel like the cannibal stuff is just them scrambling for new shock value stuff. I know it's probably from the comics and stuff, but I've had it. (non-spoilers) i heard about the last two deaths on the show and I wasn't really affected by it. I imagine the mid-season finale must have been pretty good but I didn't see it.
Last edit: 11 Feb 2015 14:37 by Black Barney.

More
22 Feb 2015 20:24 #198124 by MacDirk Diggler
Black Sails...... major twist revealed in season 2 episode 5. Anyone else floored by it?

More
23 Feb 2015 07:26 #198139 by JEM
I didn't see it coming. In retrospect, it all makes perfect sense and was excellently played out. For me, this is the best show on TV right now.

More
23 Feb 2015 22:55 #198191 by hotseatgames
Just finished season 1 of Black Mirror. Wow.... episodes 1 and 3 were something else! Episode 2 didn't do much for me, but man those others were wild.

More
24 Feb 2015 13:30 #198215 by Cranberries

JEM wrote: I didn't see it coming. In retrospect, it all makes perfect sense and was excellently played out. For me, this is the best show on TV right now.

I googled the show to see if I wanted to watch it and someone put the spoiler in the headline. Thanks!

More
24 Feb 2015 14:08 - 24 Feb 2015 14:22 #198216 by Sagrilarus

Alastair MacDirk wrote: Black Sails...... major twist revealed in season 2 episode 5. Anyone else floored by it?

I wasn't floored, but I'm more than a little concerned.

The new subject matter has the tendency to consume all the oxygen in the room, and has been the downfall of more than a few TV shows. They need to make it one more supporting player in the complex storyline they have going, not become the primary point of focus. I'm crossing my fingers.

It could be worse, they could have had him have a baby. That's the true kiss of death for TV shows.

As for it "making sense" . . . it kind of neuters a prior part of the character's motivations and background, so I didn't see it as a neat fit. It's fine for what it is, but I think it stepped on some of the prior work.

S.
Last edit: 24 Feb 2015 14:22 by Sagrilarus.

More
24 Feb 2015 14:37 #198217 by JEM
I really don't see any cause for concern on that score.

More
24 Feb 2015 15:13 #198218 by Sagrilarus
Well I just got off the phone with Verizon about my bill being $80 too high, and part of the resolution means I won't see any more episodes of Black Sails until it comes out on Netflix. So let me know how it goes.

S.

More
27 Feb 2015 13:15 #198465 by Shellhead
“The TV business is a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There is also a negative side.” --Hunter S. Thompson

More
27 Feb 2015 13:34 #198470 by hotseatgames
Just watched ep 1 of the new season of House of Cards. Top shelf television, as expected. Certainly not as explosive a premier as season 2.

Also, the latest episode of Archer was hilarious.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.354 seconds