2904 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
3031 0
Hot

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What KICKSTARTER(S) are you BACKING and WHY?

More
08 Jun 2013 02:22 - 08 Jun 2013 02:25 #153760 by Disgustipater
Sandy Petersen's Cthulhu Wars launched on Kickstarter and immediately funded.

Stupid name aside, the game looks very nice (aesthetic/component-wise). Unfortunately the rules pdf they link to is just a general overview, and not the actual rules. Seems to have a Chaos in the Old World sort of vibe to it though.

And holy fucking shit the MSRP is $170. I know there's a bunch of giant miniatures in this, but seriously? That's a non-starter. I love Cthulhu stuff but I would balk at that even at wholesale price.

It seems most of the stretch goals just unlock "expansions" that you don't automatically receive and have to pay an extra $50 each to get. Is this a normal thing for stretch goals?
Last edit: 08 Jun 2013 02:25 by Disgustipater.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2013 13:53 #153868 by san il defanso
The campaign for Jolly Roger's reprint of Kremlin is live.

To get the game is only $25 shipped for US customers, which is way better than I think any of us expected. I've never backed anything before this, so please Kickstarter, be gentle.

More
10 Jun 2013 15:02 #153872 by rog5
Disgustipater,
There are more detailed rules for Cthulhu Wars in the bgg files section.

More
10 Jun 2013 15:24 #153873 by schlupp

San Il Defanso wrote: The campaign for Jolly Roger's reprint of Kremlin is live.

To get the game is only $25 shipped for US customers, which is way better than I think any of us expected. I've never backed anything before this, so please Kickstarter, be gentle.

Cool game. But who would want to play with Yeltsin and Putin, or with Stalin and Trotzky? Thankfully they kept the original characters.

More
10 Jun 2013 15:36 #153876 by hotseatgames
I too, was put off by the Cthulhu Wars pricing. Especially if it's at all similar to Chaos in the Old World, which I love, but my friend already has.

More
11 Jun 2013 01:27 #153902 by Sevej
There will be a KS campaign for the re-launch of Incursion.

More
11 Jun 2013 01:44 #153904 by Not Sure

Sevej wrote: There will be a KS campaign for the re-launch of Incursion.

Saw that (with a trickle of concept art) on BGG. That's likely an buy for me. We'll see how the stuff and pricing stacks up. The thread said they weren't abandoning cardboard cheapskates like me, hopefully that's true.

More
11 Jun 2013 06:11 #153921 by Dogmatix

Not Sure wrote:

Sevej wrote: There will be a KS campaign for the re-launch of Incursion.

Saw that (with a trickle of concept art) on BGG. That's likely an buy for me. We'll see how the stuff and pricing stacks up. The thread said they weren't abandoning cardboard cheapskates like me, hopefully that's true.

I'm looking forward to that one.

The current project I'm "backing" is the latest in Collins' Frontline General series. They're doing a new standalone this time 'round: Eastern Front. I was a "line for life" backer on the previous expansion [honestly never believing they'd get another product in the line together; I just really wanted to get that expansion printed--now there's an outside chance ]. It's sitting at ~$5k with a $16k goal and 19 days to go. I'm really hoping they can get this one over the line (as I'd sure like my "lifetime supporter" copy!)

I need to break out my copy of the original and put a review together to perhaps gin up some more interest in the game. It's been a while since I played but I need to refresh myself on it anyway as I want to turn some folks on to it at WBC this summer.

More
11 Jun 2013 18:01 #153959 by Almalik
Dark Darker Darkest just went live with a few early bird spots left. I've got a pledge in to grab an early bird spot because I've been waiting for this forever. Will see how the campaign shakes out and what all is offered for stretch goals.

More
11 Jun 2013 18:28 #153964 by Bull Nakano

Almalik wrote: Dark Darker Darkest just went live with a few early bird spots left. I've got a pledge in to grab an early bird spot because I've been waiting for this forever. Will see how the campaign shakes out and what all is offered for stretch goals.

Holy crap! That's being published by Queen and is $90msrp? The designer made Panic Station which was a steaming pile, I couldn't imagine ever backing that project based on Queen's history of running campaigns (they've basically offered little incentive to not wait for retail in terms of bonuses or savings) and the designer's track record.

$90?!?

More
11 Jun 2013 18:48 #153965 by Almalik
Looks like some of the stuff that was reported to be in the game is also not listed in the kickstarter contents, and some folks are wondering if content has been removed to be added later as stretch goals. Hmmmm....

More
11 Jun 2013 20:26 #153968 by Not Sure
More on Incursion from the Grindhouse blog, including the magic "One Word":

http://www.grindhousegames.com/blogs/incursion-blog/8064913-once-more-unto-the-breach

The one word? "Plastic".

(there's also a shout out for F:AT)

More
12 Jun 2013 00:36 #153985 by hotseatgames
I suspect I'll get on board for Incursion.

More
16 Jun 2013 16:34 #154312 by Bull Nakano
I got in on Kremlin, the price was too tempting.

I thought pretty hard about Xia, but after watching Undead Viking's review I am concerned the game might play out too slowly, that it might end up playing like a cross between Tikal and Runebound. I'm hoping it rules and I can pick it up later on. It's also not scheduled to be out for 9 months.

More
16 Jun 2013 19:51 #154319 by faceknives

Bull Nakano wrote: I got in on Kremlin, the price was too tempting.

Yep, I'll be chucking in on Kremlin at the end of the month. I'm hearing all the right sounds about it being a remake not a new game and I simply can't resist the temptation.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.680 seconds