October 09, 2023
2607 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2807 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

Trashfest South- Avery's houseparty

More
19 Sep 2009 14:57 #42020 by Stephen Avery
or the Conjoining of Amigos or whatever...

I've been mulling this over for a bit. While I've invited individuals to come stay with me and come hang for some Atlanta gaming, I've never really tried to round up a group of people.

I'm going to rent a clubhouse to game at or we can possibly game at Mercer College.
I'll help coordinate transportation from the airport if you're flying in.
I'll let people sleep at my place, and or line up an inexpensive room.
I'll make sure there is a plethora of games available.
You're going to have to deal with getting here.

I'm looking at a Mid - Late February.
Those coming the farthest get priorty housing arrangements.

I need a head count of anyone who might consider coming. I'll set down specific dates once I see how well this idea is recieved.

Steve"PartyLikeaRockStar"Avery

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2009 16:39 #42022 by Pat II
I'm driving down to Florida in late Feb. Stopping in for some gaming and drinking along the way for a night might work out. Keep the info coming as to dates.

More
19 Sep 2009 22:49 #42032 by Merkles
Once you get a date, then I'll look to see if there's a conference down there that can/could attend and do double-duty

More
19 Sep 2009 22:59 #42033 by Aarontu
I'll be there for sure.

More
19 Sep 2009 23:57 - 19 Sep 2009 23:58 #42036 by Stephen Avery
Let me clarify that we will very likely be doing most of the gaming at the Mercer Gamefest. Their conference center is an almost ideal setting for gaming, with lots of space tables, chairs in an open airy environment (which incidentally looks a lot like the Justice league Fortress.) The clubhouse is the backup plan.

Frank has made tenative plans with the director of Student Services there though no offical dates have been set. Once that gets firmed up I'll post it. I doubt you're going to a cheaper, easier, gaming roadtrip if you can swing the transportation.

Steve"HouseParty"Avery
Last edit: 19 Sep 2009 23:58 by Stephen Avery.

More
20 Sep 2009 00:43 #42040 by Jason Lutes
Aw, mannn...

More
20 Sep 2009 00:54 #42042 by moofrank
Mercer is a nice place for a game gathering.

It is free. The money we charged went toward a late afternoon drink and deli tray run.
They seem to like having 80 people.
They have space for perhaps 120 people, with a large food service counter alongside one side for snacks. There is a commercial kitchen just off the room with an ice machine and fridge.
They might be willing to host a 3 day event.

The downsides:
Absolutely no booze. It is a dry campus. I can see this as a major problem.
No hotels within walking distance.
We can't really do a seriously late hour thing, as they kind of have to have a Mercer student or faculty member available. For my birthday thing, we shut it down at 1:00AM. There were mostly just a handful of us left anyway.

More
20 Sep 2009 10:22 #42060 by Shellhead
This sounds outstanding, and I would really like to show up. But February is a miserable time at work, so I just don't think I can make it.

More
20 Sep 2009 18:00 #42083 by Gary Sax
I might be able to make it, depending on work stuff at the time. 10 hours isn't too long a drive for something really cool boardgame related...

More
20 Sep 2009 22:46 #42092 by Michael Barnes
March is a MUCH better month for me.

Mercer is decent, but yeah, no booze and yes that is a Major Problem. Of course, you can always do what Kenyon does and just show up drunk. It's also pretty remote if you're coming from out of town- it's way off public transportation lines and it's an expensive cab ride to the area- and then ther's nothing else there but the school.

But that being said, between us ATL folks we can get you around, I think.

For anybody that winds up staying at Avery's place- $25 to the first F:ATtie who takes a dump in his foyer.

More
21 Sep 2009 00:05 #42095 by Space Ghost
Michael Barnes wrote:

For anybody that winds up staying at Avery's place- $25 to the first F:ATtie who takes a dump in his foyer.

That is a tall order to fill without any booze, but I take it Avery's place isn't as dry as Mercer.

More
21 Sep 2009 08:14 #42102 by Stephen Avery
Michael Barnes wrote:

I promise to take every dime of that out on Barnes hide so you get a two for one special.

Steve"thug"Avery

More
21 Sep 2009 09:47 #42107 by billyz
I'd love to make it down to this thing...

Hey Avery, what are the chances that you'll break out that Death Race 2000 game you were working on?

How far is Mercer College from the nearest Hotel/Motel?

More
21 Sep 2009 10:05 - 21 Sep 2009 10:06 #42111 by Stephen Avery
Nothing in walking distance but we can arrange shuttle service and plenty of people who can help drive. Anyone who is staying with me will probably pile into my wife's minivan.

I just pulled out Deathrace the other day. There are a new line of toys out there called Battlecars that looks even cooler than my beloved Racer knights. I just need to add some barbed wire and gun emplacements to the track to really add the finishing touches.

Steve"RoadWarrior"Avery
Last edit: 21 Sep 2009 10:06 by Stephen Avery.

More
21 Sep 2009 10:31 #42119 by billyz
Stephen Avery wrote:

Nothing in walking distance but we can arrange shuttle service and plenty of people who can help drive. Anyone who is staying with me will probably pile into my wife's minivan.

I just pulled out Deathrace the other day. There are a new line of toys out there called Battlecars that looks even cooler than my beloved Racer knights. I just need to add some barbed wire and gun emplacements to the track to really add the finishing touches.

Steve"RoadWarrior"Avery

That looks awesome!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds