October 09, 2023
2706 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2868 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

DungeonQuest 85 -1000 Cardboard Cuts

More
10 Jul 2020 19:10 #311888 by Ah_Pook

Andi Lennon wrote:

Ah_Pook wrote: The RPS combat is one of the best things in this game I think. It just ramps up the schadenfreude that extra little bit.

I recently got the expansions to this but haven't had a chance to mess with them. I like the idea of all the new characters and stuff, but it also looks like they might add a non trivial amount of fiddly little rules to remember which definitely isn't what DQ wants.

Oh wow. The expansions are like hens teeth right? And with a receipt to match? I think as long as the new characters are no more in-depth than say the elf from the base game with his arrows variant then it would be cool to have that added variety. And the box art and all that comes with it is surely a treat.

I got them in trade, bundled with the base game and minus the boxes and minis. Figured I can proxy the minis. Mint in box they're... Prohibitively expensive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andi Lennon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2020 19:12 #311889 by Andi Lennon

Gary Sax wrote: Few more written about games on this site. Maybe Talisman? And you get like 15 years of takes, sometimes even by the same person years apart.

Yeah it certainly speaks to the pedigree of this little box that could, right? Those crafty swedes were onto something.

Ahhh shaggy old Talisman. The game that started it all for me. I've played it in every decade since its arrival. Some of the sessions seemed to last a decade in themselves. I'll have to put pen to paper on it one day, if only to bemoan how the OP Monk can fuck right off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nodens

More
10 Jul 2020 19:16 #311890 by Andi Lennon

Ah_Pook wrote:

Andi Lennon wrote:

Ah_Pook wrote: The RPS combat is one of the best things in this game I think. It just ramps up the schadenfreude that extra little bit.

I recently got the expansions to this but haven't had a chance to mess with them. I like the idea of all the new characters and stuff, but it also looks like they might add a non trivial amount of fiddly little rules to remember which definitely isn't what DQ wants.

Oh wow. The expansions are like hens teeth right? And with a receipt to match? I think as long as the new characters are no more in-depth than say the elf from the base game with his arrows variant then it would be cool to have that added variety. And the box art and all that comes with it is surely a treat.

I got them in trade, bundled with the base game and minus the boxes and minis. Figured I can proxy the minis. Mint in box they're... Prohibitively expensive.

That certainly sounds more feasible. One could probably finance a modestly sized private island complete with monkey butlers for the price of a complete set. Perhaps you could... Scan them? For historical archivists purposes only of course.

More
13 Jul 2020 15:44 #311983 by the_jake_1973

Andi Lennon wrote:

the_jake_1973 wrote:
Your review has inspired me to dust this one off for some weekend plays. I think my wife leads me in total successful delves and money earned.

That sounds rad, I love homebrewing content and expansions. Good luck redressing the balance with your wife this weekend!

Here are the homebrewed files. My personal favorite is Steelhorns who is very strong and high on hit points, but also draws 2 Dragon cards in the treasure room....bull meets china shop.

More
13 Jul 2020 18:22 #311991 by Andi Lennon
Fantastic, cheers!
I'm actually off to the printshop today for another project so I'll check these out for sure.

More
13 Jul 2020 18:24 #311992 by Andi Lennon
Wait, where are the files?

More
14 Jul 2020 08:57 #312015 by the_jake_1973

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds