October 09, 2023
2640 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2829 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What TV SHOWS are you watching ARCHIVE

More
08 Nov 2013 12:38 #164765 by ZMan
Sorry I was up to episode 19 on Arrow and I finished it last night. Ended very strong. Now I will watch second season and see where it goes - though it seemed to end with the story arc finished, I cannot imagine what story arc would be as grand as season one without inviting a super villain and their dastardly plots.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2013 14:33 #165031 by Legomancer
Sleepy Hollow, I will never complain that you're not bonkers enough again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the_jake_1973

More
14 Nov 2013 14:12 - 14 Nov 2013 14:13 #165187 by Legomancer
I've hated the Moffat era of Doctor Who and do not have high hopes for the 50th Anniversary special being in his unexpectedly clumsy hands. But this prequel mini-episode is a bit intriguing, especially for somewhat old-school fans.

Last edit: 14 Nov 2013 14:13 by Legomancer.

More
14 Nov 2013 15:04 - 14 Nov 2013 15:08 #165196 by ThirstyMan
This isn't old school. Jon Pertwee is old school. No one had even heard of the frigging Time War in his day AND Daleks were far more fragile, being made of old tin cans and bits of rubber randomly stuck on the outside.

Cybermen were more stylish too, I hate this 'Millennium look' they have now and, correct me if I'm wrong, weren't they allergic to silver in the old days?

Ice Warriors were fun too and they never crawled out of their armour either.

And Roger Delgado (The Master) had a cool Mephistopheles beard not like that berk these days.

Fuck K9 though, that was the beginning of the end.

Also, get orf my lawn....
Last edit: 14 Nov 2013 15:08 by ThirstyMan.

More
14 Nov 2013 16:33 #165207 by san il defanso
I'm a fan of old-school and new-school Who, and about all I've watched for the past month has been the Moffat era (in prep for the 50th) and numerous classic serials, specifically Seeds of Doom, Dalek Invasion of Earth, Vengeance on Varos, The Daleks, and the Ice Warriors. I'm in the middle of The Brain of Morbius right now, and The Time Warrior is sitting on my coffee table at home ready to watch.

More
14 Nov 2013 21:37 #165222 by mads b.
I'm watching The Crazy Ones - the new sitcom with Sarah Michelle Gellar and Robin Williams. It starts out quite bad, but I'm starting to like it. Robin Williams is, surprisingly, the weak link so far.

More
26 Nov 2013 16:21 #166050 by Legomancer
Despite my reservations I really liked the 50th Anniversary Dr. Who story. I felt it was a strong story, though a weak 50th Anniversary celebration. John Hurt did a great job, as you'd imagine, because John Hurt is an amazing actor. Here's the spoiler-filled review from my blog.

More
26 Nov 2013 16:26 #166051 by repoman

ThirstyMan wrote: This isn't old school. Jon Pertwee is old school. No one had even heard of the frigging Time War in his day AND Daleks were far more fragile, being made of old tin cans and bits of rubber randomly stuck on the outside.

Cybermen were more stylish too, I hate this 'Millennium look' they have now and, correct me if I'm wrong, weren't they allergic to silver in the old days?

Ice Warriors were fun too and they never crawled out of their armour either.

And Roger Delgado (The Master) had a cool Mephistopheles beard not like that berk these days.

Fuck K9 though, that was the beginning of the end.

Also, get orf my lawn....

Cybermen allergic to silver?! Peshawar, pish-posh and all that. What a Who-noob.

Everybody knows that gold was their weakness. Duh.

You are utterly correct about K-9 though. Fuck him.

More
26 Nov 2013 16:41 #166054 by san il defanso

Legomancer wrote: Despite my reservations I really liked the 50th Anniversary Dr. Who story. I felt it was a strong story, though a weak 50th Anniversary celebration. John Hurt did a great job, as you'd imagine, because John Hurt is an amazing actor. Here's the spoiler-filled review from my blog.

I really liked it as well, though I'm one of those people who actually prefer Moffat's interpretation of Doctor Who to anything else. In other words, it's been because of Moffat and Matt Smith's run that I've become a fan of the entire show, all the way back to the stuff from the 1960s.

Anyway, I was watching it and thinking of what your response would be, knowing how you feel about the Moffat years. Looks like we are largely in agreement on it.

More
26 Nov 2013 16:55 #166056 by Black Barney
I'm watching The Walking Dead and am in disbelief that the dedicated thread hasn't been updated in weeks what with everything that has been going on. Really really enjoying this season so far.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikecl

More
27 Nov 2013 08:03 #166088 by ThirstyMan
Watched Dr Who with my wife yesterday. Best TV writing I've seen for a while.

John Hurt nailed it.

Story was brilliantly crazy and loved the in jokes (comparing Tennant to Dick van Dyke, for example). Tom Baker sure looks frail these days....

More
27 Nov 2013 08:49 #166090 by Sagrilarus
A remarkably sharp, detailed story this time. Tennant invoked Troughton with his "I don't like it" line -- an attention to detail.

I'm struggling through the 2011 season right now trying to catch up and I've heard it's flat through 2013. Here's hoping the new season will take after this special.

S.

More
27 Nov 2013 09:01 #166094 by Black Barney
Did you guys see that Anchorman II promo referencing Dr. Who? It's pretty good.

More
27 Nov 2013 09:04 #166095 by san il defanso

Sagrilarus wrote: A remarkably sharp, detailed story this time. Tennant invoked Troughton with his "I don't like it" line -- an attention to detail.

I'm struggling through the 2011 season right now trying to catch up and I've heard it's flat through 2013. Here's hoping the new season will take after this special.

S.

I think the back half of series 7 worked really well as a series of standalone episodes. The overall arc was kind of a non-starter however, and I don't think the most recent season finale (Name of the Doctor) was actually very good at all.

More
27 Nov 2013 10:59 #166106 by stormseeker75
We started watching Homeland this weekend. 4 episodes in and I'm loving it. Great acting on that show. Can't wait to see where it goes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikecl

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds