Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

TOPIC: What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing?

What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing? 23 Oct 2017 01:01 #256190

Cutthroat Caverns: my son and I brought this to game group (the Zombicide addicts) and everyone enjoyed it. After answering roughly a dozen questions about how to use action cards (read the fucking card and play it when and how it says it can be played) people started to grok the backstabbety dynamics and the last three rounds got interesting. It's basically Munchkin for non-masochists, but everyone had fun and got into the spirit of it. My son won while everyone else was busy with whatever spectacular dick moves they were constructing.

Then the host and a few others absconded off to smoke a blunt/vape/whatever-the-hell-THC, and their capacity for absorbing any new rule set went to zero.

I'm... actually starting to get annoyed with these man-babies.

I mean they have access to their drug of choice any time (its legal out here now). Why can't they just decide to be present during a game session with their kids? None of our lives are hard or all that complicated. We live in one of the most coveted areas in CA. Maybe just enjoy life as it is for a couple of fucking hours?

Anyway, Hunter & I wanted to try Cash N Guns, but they all clamoured for Zombicide again, so I set up the "Haunted Manor" scenario in the spirit of Halloween. Thankfully we were stomped within roughly 1.5 hours since the game is a fragile, unbalanced little flower and we mistakenly included Wulfsburg content (inconceivable!). It was 1AM, so we were done.

The next day at my house was much more pleasant. We finally got to play Cash N Guns with the family and a couple of guests and had a great time.

Now I'm pondering what to do about my game group. I love these guys, but I either need to adjust my expectations or I need to find a way to adjust the format of these gatherings. My relationship to games & entertainment in the context of my life seems to be a bit different from theirs.
  • Frohike
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 430
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax
Moderators: Jackwraith, Mad Dog, wadenels
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds