October 09, 2023
2773 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2924 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Adopt my Magic Realm

More
02 Jul 2011 18:23 - 02 Jul 2011 18:24 #98938 by SleightOfHand12
Heartbreaking, I know. I'm moving from Maui back East in a few weeks and I'm trying to schlep as little as possible along. My friends and I are long-time D&D (now Pathfinder) players, which we prefer to any sort of RPG-on-a-board, so I just don't see getting Magic Realm to the table back home. I thought I'd give y'all F:ATties first dibs before I either throw it up on eBay or start pimping it out BGG.

The box has an expected amount of light shelfwear (for being 30+ years old), but the contents are 100% complete and in pristine condition. The original rulebook has been replaced a HowToPlay ruels summary and a printout of the vastly superior third edition rules.

I'm willing to entertain any reasonable trade or cash offer. Let's find this MR a loving new home!
Last edit: 02 Jul 2011 18:24 by SleightOfHand12.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2011 18:38 #98939 by SuperflyPete
A heroscaper, huh....I knew I liked you!

More
02 Jul 2011 18:55 #98941 by SleightOfHand12
Expensive taste, for better or for worse... :-P

More
02 Jul 2011 19:20 #98943 by SuperflyPete
We're going to have to hook up when you get stateside again. Yes, I know Maui is in a state, but it's such a fantastic and wonderful place I can't possibly accept it as part of the States. It's like a faraway land where gold rains from the sky and willing women exist in a 10:1 ratio to men.

More
03 Jul 2011 02:00 #98956 by Stephen Avery

Heartbreaking, I know. I'm moving from Maui back East in a few weeks

Wha?! Are you friggen Crazy?! If I lived in Maui I would totally go native and you would never drag my ass home

SHAKA Haole!

Steve"lolo"Avery

More
03 Jul 2011 02:46 #98957 by Chapel
Replied by Chapel on topic Re: Adopt my Magic Realm

Stephen Avery wrote:

Heartbreaking, I know. I'm moving from Maui back East in a few weeks

Wha?! Are you friggen Crazy?! If I lived in Maui I would totally go native and you would never drag my ass home

SHAKA Haole!

Steve"lolo"Avery

You're so haole, you don't even know your haole.

Mike"I've seen North Shore too"Chapel

More
03 Jul 2011 14:26 #98964 by metalface13
I interviewed for a job in Honolulu a couple of years ago, but then took myself out of the running because they wanted someone to be able to move out there in a few weeks, we still had 6 months on our lease and my wife was teaching so she was stuck in her contract. All things that could have been overcome. We still kick ourselves for that.

More
03 Jul 2011 18:31 #98970 by SleightOfHand12
Y'all are ridiculous.

Maui is definitely a many-splendored and spiritually engrossing island, but it's still a rock in the middle of the ocean. once you've jumped off the cliffs in Hana (note: make sure bathing suit is tied tight first), hit the infamous hippie nude beach in Kihei (most old gay dudes, as it turns out) and seen the sun rise over the volcano (holy shit!), there's just nothing to do here. Add to that the fact that most islanders are laid-back hippie types who are content to smoke weed and bake on the beach all day - and hey, live and let live, they aren't causing any trouble... but I've got way more going on in my life than that. I'm leaving Maui because I've finished all the training that's offered out here, and I'm looking forward to being around a bunch of smart, interesting people that are motivated to do stuff again.

Still, it's gorgeous and not touristy and I can't recommend a weeks-long vacay here enough.

@Steve: The shaka is for real among locals and other people that live here and I do it reflexively. I don't think I'm likely to get beat up for flashing it out East, but you never know. I -am- a little worried about trying to buy liquor or get into bars, though, because flashing a Hawaii ID in Washington, D.C. has MCLOVIN' written all over it.

@MF: Sucks to that, dude! Honolulu specifically is pretty touristy down around the Waikiki area, and getting beat up because you're white (haole, pr. 'howly') isn't uncommon, but the Ala Moana mall rocks and there's tons of stuff to do around there. Oahu's still worth a visit if you get a chance. :-P

More
03 Jul 2011 22:26 #98991 by metalface13
My wife lived on Oahu and went to school there for a year and a half, so I've heard all the stories about what island life is like. We went on vacation on the North Shore for a week once, too. I'm not saying I'd want to live there forever, but it would've beat moving back to Utah which we did instead..

More
03 Jul 2011 22:51 #98994 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Re: Adopt my Magic Realm
A friend worked in Hawaii on and off for about a year and a half. He said he'd never go back there if he any choice; he hated it.

More
04 Jul 2011 05:07 #99001 by SaMoKo
Replied by SaMoKo on topic Re: Adopt my Magic Realm
Y'all are crazy. If you want good weed, B.C. is way better. Just star away from Surrey and Langley. For best results check out Tofino.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds