October 09, 2023
2609 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2808 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

Which Cons are you going to?

More
23 Mar 2010 14:58 #58267 by Stephen Avery

Avery - I have maxed my skills at dealing with irate or needy gamers. Bring it. I can keep smiling through nearly anything.

You underestimate me. I am culmination of every anxiety dream you've every had. Billy is still have night sweats from the trip down.

Don't worry though after I shred your psyche and reduce you to a quivering shell of a woman, I'll buy you a nice big girly drink and make it all better.

Steve"Luvs big girly Drinks"Avery

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2010 16:19 #58274 by billyz
Stephen Avery wrote:

Avery - I have maxed my skills at dealing with irate or needy gamers. Bring it. I can keep smiling through nearly anything.

DO. NOT. TAUNT. THE. AVERY.

I foresee a failed sanity roll in your future--- MUWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

More
23 Mar 2010 18:11 #58285 by Merkles
Stephen Avery wrote:

I'll buy you a nice big girly drink and make it all better.

Steve"Luvs big girly Drinks"Avery

He's not kidding---he makes a helluva girly drink...we had some green goblin concoction in the early afternoon at Averyfest. Ran out way too quick!

More
23 Mar 2010 18:32 #58287 by Stephen Avery
Yeah- I totally underestimated the popularity of the Green Goblin.I should have mixed triple the amount. Usually I have to beg people to try my concotions. The real question here though is does Thaad luv da Girly Drink? I guessing she's more of a beer drinker.

Steve"Drinking a strange and frightening mix RIGHT NOW"Avery

More
23 Mar 2010 20:40 - 23 Mar 2010 20:41 #58293 by gorm
Here are the ones I plan on attending:

Recruits.con - Lee's Summit, MO - this weekend (and a Fall version in Sept)
Geekway to the West - St. Louis - May
Gencon - Indy - August (maybe, if I can scare up enough ducats between now and then)
BGG.con - Dallas - Definite, plans being made with gaming buds as we speak

Oh and on April 9th - BubbaGeek - a 4 day gaming and whiskey sampling fest at my friend's parents lake house in the beautiful Lake of the Ozarks. Usually good weather, good eats, tons of whiskey/beer, gaming until 4 am everyday and most important - the fucking Blackberry doesn't have signal down there! Sweet!

Steve G.
Last edit: 23 Mar 2010 20:41 by gorm.

More
23 Mar 2010 22:25 #58296 by billyz
Stephen Avery wrote:

Yeah- I totally underestimated the popularity of the Green Goblin.I should have mixed triple the amount. Usually I have to beg people to try my concotions. The real question here though is does Thaad luv da Girly Drink? I guessing she's more of a beer drinker.

Steve"Drinking a strange and frightening mix RIGHT NOW"Avery

If I'm not mistaken Thaadd is particular to wine, ciders and anything non glutenous that won't wreak havoc on her digestive tract-- kinda kills the buzz for her I'm guessing.

Celiacs sucks.

More
24 Mar 2010 10:51 #58320 by Msample
Already did NiagaraCon and WAM earlier this year .

GMT East tomorrow through Sunday

CSW Expo in June

WBC

Buckeye Game Fest

More
24 Mar 2010 15:24 #58340 by Thaadd
I think this will be my 4th? 5th? Hells I can't remember - GenCon too. I can drink most things that are not beer, a few cheap rye whiskeys, and some cream liquors are off the ok list due to after the distillation flavoring/thickening. Celiac indeed sucks - I survive GenCon on 'Ensure' and energy bars because no food is within lunchbreak range I can safely eat. I am the only person who actually LOSES weight at conventions.

Spent most of this morning with all the effects of food poisoning, due to eating a freaking Butterfinger yesterday at gaming. Which is, supposedly 'safe' to eat (hurray for cross contamination in production facilities).

I keep meaning to go to more literary cons, but I am terrible at remembering, before they're sold out. Want to make it to WisCon in Madison one of these years. They have cool authors.

More
24 Mar 2010 15:48 - 24 Mar 2010 15:56 #58344 by Sagrilarus
Green Goblin -- you brewing Absinthe? It's legal again and I'm looking for a recommendation.

For WBC I've reserved a six-person suite at a different hotel for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. The big rooms nearby were sold out before I got to it. I'd love to do a fringe con at Historic Strasburg Inn a couple of miles away. If I could get their game room for evenings it would be killer, but I think they've sold that building to an independent restaurant owner so that opportunity may be lost.

If Trashcon is on I'll likely stop in for a couple of evenings.

S.
Last edit: 24 Mar 2010 15:56 by Sagrilarus.

More
24 Mar 2010 17:39 #58349 by iguanaDitty
Anywhere KingPut and Uba are is automatically a Trashfest.
I think I will make at least one day of Game Days, although I have yet to discuss this with my infant.

More
04 May 2010 08:35 #61758 by Stephen Avery
*Bump*

I'm starting to firm up plans. Anyone that wants to hook up for some gaming and drinking, and raising hell should shout out here or send me a PM. This time I'm pulling all the details together ahead of time.

Atlanta Gamefest About as large as Maryland Gamedays but a bit more casual. Lately it has been picking up in popularity.
Oasis of Fun- an invitational but can friendly and easy to get into
Origins- I expect this to be the highlight of gaming this summer. I'd like to track down King in Yellow and Strange Aeon and a few others.
Gencon- Saving money to bring home loads of minis...
DragonCon- Why didn't I preregister earilier -duh

Steve"Social_Butterfly"Avery

More
04 May 2010 10:15 #61780 by ufe
Replied by ufe on topic Re:Which Cons are you going to?
I planning on being at Origins this year. Will be my first gaming con but I've been to anime cons (yeah, I just admitted that on a public forum) so I figure no amount of freaks or stank can faze me. Be willing to meet up with anyone interested.

More
04 May 2010 10:29 #61781 by Gary Sax
When is Gencon? Depending on if it conflicts with my job application prep, I might be able to make that for a day since it's in Indy.

More
04 May 2010 11:11 #61790 by billyz
If all things go well I'll be hitting Gencon this year. It' August 5-8 Gary.

More
04 May 2010 11:28 #61791 by Stephen Avery
Yes, Billy and I are meeting again at Gencon for an unholy union of jackassery. We invite any and all of those with thick skins and stout constitutions to join us.

Hopefully we can get a big party with Baden'sBitch, Zev, Thaad, and metalface plus some lurkers (I'm looking at you Blarknob and Gorm !)

So Anyone checking out BGGcon this year? Zev said it was one of the better ones.

Steve"Summer-itis"Avery

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds