October 09, 2023
2607 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2807 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

Unity Games XVI

More
05 Jan 2010 19:45 #52157 by Jason Lutes
Unity Games XVI was created by Jason Lutes
This little gathering is held north of Boston every February. This year it falls on February 6 in Woburn, Mass.

I've been the last two years and hope to go this year if I can work up enough newborn baby karma for my girlfriend to let me make the trip. It's dominated by Euro stuff, but there are always good AT games in the offing (that guy with the custom wooden Dune set always comes), and this year I may try to round up people to play TToA. Anybody else in New England thinking about making the trip?

Unity Games XVI

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2010 20:56 #52177 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Re:Unity Games XVI
I'm going.

More
05 Jan 2010 22:57 #52204 by Jason Lutes
Replied by Jason Lutes on topic Re:Unity Games XVI
Ya don't say... well now I think I will definitely try to make it happen, at the very least so we can wax rhapsodic about the Taftsville Bridge. Some pals of mine from Boston and Maine are making the trip too, so I guess it's time for me to up my share of the diaper-changing in preparation.

More
05 Jan 2010 22:59 #52205 by MattFantastic
Replied by MattFantastic on topic Re:Unity Games XVI
I'd pretend like I might go but really, Conncon is a few weeks later, as is PAX East and not really being able to afford either of those which I am going to for sure makes it pretty unlikely that I'd actually make it up past Boston.

Come to PAX and I will play the shit out of Thrilling Tales!

More
06 Jan 2010 14:30 #52289 by rocketkiwi
Replied by rocketkiwi on topic Re:Unity Games XVI
I'll be driving down from central Maine.

More
06 Jan 2010 18:14 #52330 by Jason Lutes
MattLoter wrote:

I'd pretend like I might go but really, Conncon is a few weeks later, as is PAX East and not really being able to afford either of those which I am going to for sure makes it pretty unlikely that I'd actually make it up past Boston.

I might be able to swing PAX, but I kind of doubt it. Unity is $15 and a little closer to me, and I have a feeling that baby-wise it'll be the only getaway I can manage for the next little while. I'd love to show you the game, though...

And on that note, I think I'll try to demo TToA once or twice at Unity, so if anyone here wants in, let me know. I prefer to set up sessions ahead of time instead of playing pick-up games just to have more control over who's at the table. It can be demoralizing for all concerned when you commit to a 3+ hour game and find out 1 hour that the player mix is "off."

More
06 Jan 2010 18:16 #52331 by ubarose
Jason Lutes wrote:

MattLoter wrote:

I might be able to swing PAX, but I kind of doubt it. Unity is $15 and a little closer to me, and I have a feeling that baby-wise it'll be the only getaway I can manage for the next little while. I'd love to show you the game, though...

And on that note, I think I'll try to demo TToA once or twice at Unity, so if anyone here wants in, let me know. I prefer to set up sessions ahead of time instead of playing pick-up games just to have more control over who's at the table. It can be demoralizing for all concerned when you commit to a 3+ hour game and find out 1 hour that the player mix is "off."

The Man and I want in.

More
06 Jan 2010 19:15 #52344 by Spinrad
Replied by Spinrad on topic Re:Unity Games XVI
Lutes and Loter, are you guys in the Boston area? My buddy and I are languishing in Quincy right now with nary a person to chuck dice with.

I know Uba is in CT, but that is a little bit of a haul for us. If you guys are local we should definitely get together and roll some dice and drink some beer.

More
06 Jan 2010 20:25 - 06 Jan 2010 20:26 #52354 by Jason Lutes
ubarose wrote:

The Man and I want in.

Gotcha. Would you guys want an earlier or later session? I'll try to grab one of the tables at the back of the room in the morning and plan on running at least two sessions, one at, say, 10am and one at 3pm.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2010 20:26 by Jason Lutes.

More
06 Jan 2010 20:44 #52357 by Jason Lutes
Spinrad wrote:

Lutes and Loter, are you guys in the Boston area? My buddy and I are languishing in Quincy right now with nary a person to chuck dice with.

I know Uba is in CT, but that is a little bit of a haul for us. If you guys are local we should definitely get together and roll some dice and drink some beer.

I'm in Woodstock Vermont, so alas outside of reasonable range. Come to Unity! Fifteen bucks and a 30-minute drive will get you wall-to-wall gaming from 9am to midnight!

More
06 Jan 2010 20:58 - 06 Jan 2010 20:59 #52359 by rocketkiwi
Replied by rocketkiwi on topic Re:Unity Games XVI
Jason Lutes wrote:

I'd love to try TToA. Last year I ended up playing mostly short Euros, abstracts, and dexterity games and looking with longing at the people playing Cosmic Encounter and Android.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2010 20:59 by rocketkiwi.

More
07 Jan 2010 12:34 #52398 by Jason Lutes
rocketkiwi wrote:

I'd love to try TToA. Last year I ended up playing mostly short Euros, abstracts, and dexterity games and looking with longing at the people playing Cosmic Encounter and Android.

I'll save a place at the table for ya, kiwi.

More
07 Jan 2010 18:16 #52440 by MattFantastic
Replied by MattFantastic on topic Re:Unity Games XVI
And I'm even further into CT (New Haven).

More
23 Jan 2010 01:13 #53658 by ubarose
We are going to be staying at the hotel Friday night. Anybody else going to be around on Friday?

More
23 Jan 2010 09:43 #53659 by Jason Lutes
ubarose wrote:

We are going to be staying at the hotel Friday night. Anybody else going to be around on Friday?

Shoot. Won't roll in until around 10am Saturday morning.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.384 seconds