Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Talk about collectible card and miniature games here.

TOPIC: Lightseekers: Next Big Thing?

Lightseekers: Next Big Thing? 12 Sep 2017 11:33 #254104

LIGHTSEEKERS might be the next chase game. It's a mobile game, TCG, and has a toy component. Sets were selling out on Amazon. I stocked up yesterday, buying for Chanukah before I won't be able to. Anyone in on the KS? Is it worth the hype?

2017-09-12_8-33-04.jpg
  • jeb
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D12
  • Thank you received: 2007
Last Edit: 12 Sep 2017 11:34 by jeb.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lightseekers: Next Big Thing? 12 Sep 2017 11:56 #254108

I think this company reached out to me to review the game, but it looks like a straight up kids game so I didn't bite.
  • charlest
  • D8
  • Thank you received: 1614

Lightseekers: Next Big Thing? 12 Sep 2017 17:20 #254143

Here's the main problem with these. They look lame as fuck. The main character looks like either the product of a joke (such as the Battlesaurs in Toy Story of Terror) or focus testing. I mean, this shit looks like 1997 all over again.

I saw the CCG at Toys R Us a couple of months ago...they had a box of it sort of thrown on the service desk as if they had no idea what to do with it.

Looking at the game, there is absolutely no compelling reason why I would buy this when we have a drawer full of Skylanders and five games' worth of content that is underplayed as it is. Toys to Life is doomed, apart from Lego. And from what I'm reading, this game actually doesn't REQUIRE the figures, which means that it needs to be an amazing game. Which it does not look to be.

Let us know how it is, maybe I'm horribly wrong about it all. But I showed it to my kids and they had zero interest whatsoever. And it has that odor of fail about it, regardless of any early hype (which I've not even seen myself).
  • Michael Barnes
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Mountebank
  • Thank you received: 5835
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Gary Sax, Msample

Lightseekers: Next Big Thing? 13 Sep 2017 00:11 #254164

I think that dude looks cool. But, then, I had a Megatron and what the fuck the fuck do I know? The game looks neat (TCG here) and I have some hopes there--I dig the rotation every turn idea. I'll let you know come December when we open this stuff.
  • jeb
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D12
  • Thank you received: 2007
Moderators: Jackwraith, Mad Dog, wadenels
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds