October 09, 2023
2610 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2809 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

War for Edadh News...2!

More
08 Jul 2009 09:44 #34076 by nigel
Okay, so following the news of our lineup of expansions I thought I would let you know that the first expansion to War for Edadh - The Art of Conflict - will be going to the printers for pre-press by the end of the week. As a consequence we are now taking pre-orders -

War for Edadh: The Art of Conflict pre-order

You can pre-order the 2 decks individually but if you get the bundle you'll also get six extra, powerful Troop Cards and the rare Vanguard Mastery Card - the first in a set of rare Mastery Cards.

Oh, and by popular demand we have made available prints of Ash's artwork for you to own -

Artwork prints

Details of organised play and the Legion of Edadh will be coming soon.

N

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2009 10:14 #34079 by Sagrilarus
I don't mean to steal your thread, but considering the subject matter I think this would be a very good place for you to provide a brief answer to the following question:

"So Nigel, how's business?"

Sag.

More
08 Jul 2009 11:30 #34103 by cold_fuzion

nigel wrote:
You can pre-order the 2 decks individually but if you get the bundle you'll also get six extra, powerful Troop Cards and the rare Vanguard Mastery Card - the first in a set of rare Mastery Cards.

Oh good, rare cards in a non-collectible game. I was looking for a reason to avoid this, now I have one.

More
08 Jul 2009 12:18 #34123 by nigel
Replied by nigel on topic Re:War for Edadh News...2!
Hey Sag - it's going pretty well, thanks for asking. Steady expansion. Brief enough?

And cold_fuzion, the card isn't 'rare' in the terms of a ccg - it plays just like a regular 1/7 Mastery Card but has a unique design to it.

More
08 Jul 2009 13:36 #34137 by cold_fuzion

nigel wrote:
And cold_fuzion, the card isn't 'rare' in the terms of a ccg - it plays just like a regular 1/7 Mastery Card but has a unique design to it.

I consider myself corrected.

More
08 Jul 2009 15:38 #34155 by Notahandle
The original game had a pre-order promo that is now unavailable. Maybe cold_fuzion is wondering if it's rare in that sense.
(And for what it's worth, I find hard to get promos off-putting as well.)

More
08 Jul 2009 16:00 #34156 by Michael Barnes
I'm not a big fan of promos myself. The good news is that I've never seen a promo card or game component that was necessary to play and enjoy the game to its fullest.

Expansions look good- looking forward to 'em!

More
08 Jul 2009 16:45 #34161 by metalface13
Michael Barnes wrote:

I'm not a big fan of promos myself. The good news is that I've never seen a promo card or game component that was necessary to play and enjoy the game to its fullest.

I agree, I think people get WAY too worked up about them. Just because somebody has something I don't that does not affect my enjoyment of a game.

More
08 Jul 2009 17:43 #34175 by beuks33
Replied by beuks33 on topic Re:War for Edadh News...2!
Good to see you on F:AT Nigel! Definitely going to grab those expansions!

More
08 Jul 2009 18:02 #34179 by Notahandle
metalface13 wrote:
"I agree, I think people get WAY too worked up about them."
I tend to want the complete game without the hassle/cost of obtaining the rarities. This means that I tend to avoid games with promos more and more these days. (Plus I've run out of room!)

More
08 Jul 2009 19:04 #34195 by cold_fuzion
Yeah, I'm really not a fan of promos. To me they don't help a game at all, if someone is gonna buy a game they'll buy it with or without a promo. And I agree the promos are never really necessary to enjoy the game, but some people are completists (like myself) and then usually have to shell out almost as much as they did for the game for one bit just because they were three weeks late to jump on the bandwagon.

Right now I'm fighting the urge to drop way too much money for the promo Runebound/Descent figures floating around. I don't need them, but damn do I want them.

More
08 Jul 2009 20:25 #34204 by Mr Skeletor
metalface13 wrote:

Michael Barnes wrote:

I agree, I think people get WAY too worked up about them. Just because somebody has something I don't that does not affect my enjoyment of a game.

Battlelore.

More
08 Jul 2009 22:54 #34212 by Michael Barnes
Ouch. Good point.

But the problem with BATTLELORE was a combination of unfulfilled promises (remember "This game is like a cross between CHAINMAIL, DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS, and MASTER OF MAGIC!"?) and the fact that a complete game was (and is) not included in the $80 retail box.

At least EDADH is a full game, even without having to get a promo just have one extra damn monster in the game.

More
09 Jul 2009 10:48 #34255 by Sagrilarus
The job of promo packs is the keep the game in the hype cycle. They have to be limited to do that, and because they're limited they can't be critical to gameplay.

All metagame.

Sag.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds