October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2506 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Seeking New Staff for the Fort

More
22 Jun 2015 18:21 - 26 Jun 2015 22:27 #204791 by ubarose
As I posted in another thread, I am restaffing the Fort. If you are interested in contributing in any of the following ways, please PM me.

Article Content Manager: Screen and prep articles for publication. Primary responsibilities include: weeding out spam and crap, eyeballing article format and fixing it if necessary, uploading main article image to the site if necessary. Knowing how to download and resize images or willingness to learn is essential. Familiarity with basic HTML or willingness to learn is helpful. Commitment approximately 2hours or less per week depending upon how many articles are submitted and how kaka the formatting is.

News Content Manger: Input and maintain our New and Upcoming Games content. This is mostly a lot of cut and paste. Easy but a little time consuming. Could be split up between several people. Like, if you are really into a certain publisher, you could take responsibility for that publisher's games.

Press Contact: Weed through press releases, paste the good ones into articles, strip out the kaka formatting and upload a picture. Reach out to publishers who aren't currently sending us press releases and get us on their list.

Social Media Managers/PR: Interested in promoting the site? Spend a bunch of time on Facebook, Twitter anyway? This job is mostly about keeping an eye on our accounts, and posting or tweeting fun or interesting stuff to supplement the feeds.

Bloggers: If you currently have a blog about games or other stuff that our readers might be interested in, and would like to cross post your entries here with a link back to your blog, contact me.

You have a great idea and the ability to follow through: Contact me. We'll talk.
Last edit: 26 Jun 2015 22:27 by ubarose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes, username, jeb, ChristopherMD, Jackwraith, lj1983

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2015 16:47 #204944 by ubarose
I want to thank all the members who wrote and offered help. I haven't been able to get back to each of you individually. I am working on that.

In general, what I need when people message me is for them to tell me specifically in what way they would like to help. I want people to be doing things they enjoy and are interested in. It would suck for you and me if I asked you to be, say for example, the person who sorts through new game release news to pick out the war games that are worth reporting on, and help set policy on if we announce those sign up things that the war game publishers do, or not, when you have zero interest in war games, and can't tell the difference between them and table top mini games, and really just wanted to help delete spam in the forums.

So please at least let me know your area of interest, and also whether you are interested in day to day operations, creative, business, technical, PR, forum/community, etc.

Although there is no pay, and no glory in helping out the Fort, this is a chance to help shape this site into the kind of place you want it to be.

More
25 Jun 2015 17:52 #204948 by ChristopherMD

ubarose wrote: Although there is no pay, and no glory in helping out the Fort, this is a chance to help shape this site into the kind of place you want it to be.

Also, Immortan Joe himself will carry you to the gates of Valhalla.

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Black Barney, wadenels

More
26 Jun 2015 05:21 #204980 by schlupp
Not sure who took over, but Facebook activity already increased significantly. Good job!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ska_baron, ChristopherMD

More
26 Jun 2015 14:17 #205006 by ubarose

schlupp wrote: Not sure who took over, but Facebook activity already increased significantly. Good job!

Once we are fully staffed I'll be making announcements regarding who's who on the new staff. But we do have a new social media manager. Facebook and Twitter is being cleaned up and revitalized.

Folks that haven't done so already, should consider following us on Facebook or Twitter . Followers will get almost immediate notification of new articles and news, plus some fun bonus stuff. Also,if you follow us it really helps us reach new potential members when you share and retweet our articles and news.

Folks that aren't followers, but have Facebook or Twitter accounts should consider Liking or Tweeting our articles. There are handy buttons at the bottom of every article.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Mr. White

More
27 Jun 2015 12:29 #205033 by Mr. White
Not sure who posted my blog entry, but thanks! I felt it was image intensive so wondered if it would be too much of a formatting burden. Great job to whoever did it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds