October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Welcome to one of the oldest board game communities on the Internet. That may sound like hyperbole but it really is true.

We are really happy to have you here. Unfortunately, being online we can't bond with you over a game so you'd know right away how happy we are to meet you. For now, you'll just have to take our word for it.

This site has always thrived on lively discussion and spirited but civil debate. We hope that newcomers here will find a welcoming atmosphere where game enthusiasts of all levels of experience and commitment will have something to add to the conversation. You never need to prove your “gamer cred” here. Whether you have been playing board games for a few months or a few decades; whether you have a huge collection or a small one; whether you have been a member here for years or just joined today – your opinion is valued here.

We know that it can be intimidating to jump into a new community and want to assure you that this is NOT the kind of forum where people will tell you that you posted something in the wrong place, or that you should have found an existing thread on the topic, or that you shouldn’t have resurrected an old thread.

So if you find a thread or an article discussion that interests you, whether it is old or new, feel free to jump in. Want to discuss a specific game or board gaming related topic just start a new topic. If you don’t know which forum to put it in, just make your best guess (we really don’t care all that much. It’s easy enough for a moderator to move it or merge it, if necessary).

A good place to get started is by introducing yourself in the “New Members Introduce Yourself” thread (below) or by telling us what you have been playing in the “What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing?" thread ( therewillbe.games/forum/35-mos-eisley-ca...ave-you-been-playing ).

Have fun, and we look forward to hearing from you.

New Members Introduce Yourself

More
03 May 2017 15:04 #247718 by Lady Klis
Yo yo yo! What is going on F:ATers! I've been lurking around for a few months now and my beloved ex-coworker finally convinced me to post and introduce myself. So here we go!
Hello everyone! I'm Lady Klis, please don't call me "Klis" :)
I am a huge fan of Black Barney, both online and in reality. I tell him which movies I watched (Assassin's creed, Fate of the Furious 8 etc) to which he always responds YUUUUUCK! I asked him if I can do a spin off of his reviews, and talk about the movies he will never watch (he calls them "Jeff White movies" :) I was happy to hear that he gladly agreed to it...so here is my first one!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hex Sinister, Black Barney, Columbob, epaparellanto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2017 15:07 - 03 May 2017 15:11 #247720 by Mr. White
Barney, this isn't the sort of forum you need a sock-puppet account for...
Last edit: 03 May 2017 15:11 by Mr. White.

More
03 May 2017 15:11 - 03 May 2017 15:12 #247721 by Black Barney
what...what are you talking about? Look, as you can see I happen to totally know a young-woman-lady-person and it's totally not me posting as that person. Definately not me posting, no.

anyway, worst-case scenario i'm just trying to up my thankyous-to-posts ratio. Where's the victim?
Last edit: 03 May 2017 15:12 by Black Barney.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. White, epaparellanto, Lady Klis

More
03 May 2017 15:20 #247723 by stormseeker75
Condolences for knowing Barney IRL. Congrats on joining this motley crew.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, epaparellanto, Lady Klis

More
03 May 2017 15:24 #247724 by Space Ghost

stormseeker75 wrote: Condolences for knowing Barney IRL.

Indeed
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, epaparellanto, Lady Klis

More
03 May 2017 15:35 #247725 by hotseatgames

Lady Klis wrote: I am a huge fan of Black Barney, both online and in reality.

... and as the words were typed, the portal to Bizarro World was opened...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, Frohike, epaparellanto, Lady Klis

More
03 May 2017 15:58 #247727 by Shellhead

Mr. White wrote: Barney, this isn't the sort of forum you need a sock-puppet account for...

Let's just hope that he washes that sock from time to time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, hotseatgames, Frohike, epaparellanto

More
03 May 2017 16:02 #247728 by Black Barney
oh, and she actually plays board games so I'm sure you'll all get along fine
The following user(s) said Thank You: epaparellanto, Lady Klis

More
14 Jun 2017 12:18 #249860 by Jauron
Hello all, new here. I've been searching for a place like this as many places I've seen so far really seem to gravitate toward Euros or super intellectualism, which is fine for day to day, but when I want to have fun playing a board game fuck everything that isn't helping me kick the other players asses. That flavored text, it doesn't help me murder my opponent, and it's space that could have been used to draw things exploding. Why is there wooden blocks in this game, It better be because building a fire is part of the game.

I don't really know what's supposed to go in this post, but thought I should introduce myself before I start asking stupid ass questions in other parts of the forums and make myself a complete nuisance to those who've been here a long time.

If anyone reads this shit, I do have one annoying ass question right away. What's up with the security certificate being expired? It appears to have happened back in April according to another post I saw about it. That shit makes me nervous, like my friend just showed up and he's talking about playing an auction game and there are thousands of wooden chits that all look the same nervous.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes, jeb, san il defanso, boothwah, epaparellanto, Mantidman

More
14 Jun 2017 13:06 #249863 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic New Members Introduce Yourself

Jauron wrote: If anyone reads this shit, I do have one annoying ass question right away. What's up with the security certificate being expired? It appears to have happened back in April according to another post I saw about it. That shit makes me nervous, like my friend just showed up and he's talking about playing an auction game and there are thousands of wooden chits that all look the same nervous.

There's a bug/issues forum for that stuff. You can post this over there to make sure Uba sees it.

Welcome aboard, Juaron. I can tell you the only thing I "grade" folks on here is authenticity. You just need to be who you are. You might be a massive dick! That's OK, but don't be surprised if folks call you a massive dick from time to time. You might be (shudder) politically conservative! That's OK too, but don't be surprised if folks call you a massive dick from time to time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead, Black Barney, stormseeker75, epaparellanto, Jauron

More
14 Jun 2017 13:11 #249865 by san il defanso
Welcome, Jauron!
The following user(s) said Thank You: epaparellanto, Jauron

More
14 Jun 2017 13:25 #249867 by Da Bid Dabid

jeb wrote:

Jauron wrote: If anyone reads this shit, I do have one annoying ass question right away. What's up with the security certificate being expired? It appears to have happened back in April according to another post I saw about it. That shit makes me nervous, like my friend just showed up and he's talking about playing an auction game and there are thousands of wooden chits that all look the same nervous.

There's a bug/issues forum for that stuff. You can post this over there to make sure Uba sees it.

Welcome aboard, Juaron. I can tell you the only thing I "grade" folks on here is authenticity. You just need to be who you are. You might be a massive dick! That's OK, but don't be surprised if folks call you a massive dick from time to time. You might be (shudder) politically conservative! That's OK too, but don't be surprised if folks call you a massive dick from time to time.

You might have a massive dick. That's OK, because no one will ever confuse you for Barney.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, stormseeker75, epaparellanto

More
14 Jun 2017 13:31 #249868 by stormseeker75
Hey, we have a new member! That puts us at around a full dozen, right?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Black Barney, epaparellanto, Jauron

More
14 Jun 2017 15:45 #249878 by Mantidman
Greetings,
Lots to enjoy about this site and the various peoples that post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sagrilarus, SuperflyPete, epaparellanto, Jauron

More
30 Apr 2018 18:39 #272331 by Smeagol
I am kind of a new member.

I left a while back after becoming irritated with some political discussion, then started lurking after a few months, now I've re-registered.

I was formerly Squigherder. Thanks for allowing me back in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur, Gary Sax, ChristopherMD, Sagrilarus, SuperflyPete, Frohike, sornars, cdennett

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.564 seconds