October 09, 2023
2494 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2697 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What MOVIE(s) have you been....seeing? watching?

More
15 Nov 2017 16:31 #257698 by Black Barney
yeah, this is changing my narrative on Snyder. I can't just blanket hate him now. He even said a really cool transparent when he stepped down, "after all, it's just a movie"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2017 01:18 #257871 by Ancient_of_MuMu
I watched C.H.U.D. yesterday. For some reason TLC's "No Scrubs" came into my head while I was watching so for 24 hours I have had stuck in my head "I don't want no C.H.U.D. A C.H.U.D. is a mutant who won't get no love from me".
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
19 Nov 2017 09:24 #257877 by Erik Twice
Saw Thor Ragnarok. It's a surprisingly funny movie, far more comedic and even parodic than other marvel films I've seen. It has issues, most notably a poor, flat villain but I had a good evening with it.

Still, my main complain about this and all other Marvel movies is that they always cut takes at the exact moments a punch would hit. This has been complained about endlessly by other, more qualified people so I'll be brief: It sucks because 1) It takes away the impact of the punch 2) It introduces wholly uneccessary cuts which makes things hard to follow 3) It takes away the physical space of where people are fighting and reduces it to hits.

More
19 Nov 2017 09:36 #257878 by Black Barney
Took Emily to see The Star yesterday. I’ll write a review tomorrow. I really wanted to take her to see Wonder instead but she was pushing hard for The Star. I’m wondering to what extent I should let her pick cuz she’ll alwats pick stuff like The Emoji Movie over better movies.

Anyway The Star was a big hit. I fell dead asleep but it wasn’t pouring The Jesus juice out bad at all, it was fun, smart and good values. Scary villain AF too. Emily loved it and said it was her third favourite movie so far. To hear my 6 year old starting already with the lists warms her daddy’s OCD heart.

More
25 Nov 2017 18:56 - 25 Nov 2017 18:57 #258195 by Disgustipater
When I first got the MoviePass card, I told myself, "Now I can go see all these movies that I usually wouldn't care enough about (to go see in the theaters), because it's free!" The funny thing is, I found that it's just not worth my time to go see movies I don't care about. Even movies I'm moderately interested in, at a theater that is down the street, isn't enough to make me go.

But we have seen a handful of movies, usually at least two a month that we would have seen anyway, to make the card worthwhile.

Thor Ragnarok - Good; funny. I think my Marvel movie tolerance has become limited to the sort of side story humorous movies, like this one, GotG, Ant-Man, etc. I really don't care about the world- and MCU plot-building movies, like Civil War and Black Panther, at all.

Happy Death Day - Bad. Not even a decent variant on Groundhog Day. Phil Conners took 30-40 years to become a good person, and this girl takes like 16 days to do it. Also, it pissed me off that they didn't even try to get the repeating actions synced up. The first day she wakes up, has a long conversation, changes clothes, does some other stuff, then leaves the room to find the sprinklers and car alarm go off. Later when she immediately runs out, the sprinklers and car alarm still go off, when clearly she was way ahead of that in the timeline of the day.

American Made - Entertaining. I always enjoy these types of movies when someone makes a ridiculous amount of money and literally have no idea what to do with it all.
Last edit: 25 Nov 2017 18:57 by Disgustipater.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
25 Nov 2017 20:27 #258196 by Sagrilarus

Erik Twice wrote: Saw Thor Ragnarok. It's a surprisingly funny movie, far more comedic and even parodic than other marvel films I've seen. It has issues, most notably a poor, flat villain but I had a good evening with it.

Still, my main complain about this and all other Marvel movies is that they always cut takes at the exact moments a punch would hit. This has been complained about endlessly by other, more qualified people so I'll be brief: It sucks because 1) It takes away the impact of the punch 2) It introduces wholly uneccessary cuts which makes things hard to follow 3) It takes away the physical space of where people are fighting and reduces it to hits.

Ragnarok didn't reach my funny bone very often. It dragged for me. Oh, and I detest Zepplin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Black Barney

More
25 Nov 2017 20:56 #258198 by Black Barney
Really happy to hear that feedback on Happy Death Day. I really wanted to see that but those hiccups would really bother me. They better get Edge of Tomorrow 2 right.

I still need to see It.

Ive been very lax in my movie going. This week I’m going to make real efforts to see Blade Runner 2049, hopefully The Florida Project and then Coco on the weekend with Emily

More
25 Nov 2017 21:43 #258199 by RobertB
Sagrilarus wrote:

Oh, and I detest Zepplin.

Immigrant Song is the best track on LZ III, but needs to be about a minute longer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
26 Nov 2017 00:46 #258200 by SuperflyPete

RobertB wrote: Sagrilarus wrote:

Immigrant Song is the best track on LZ III, but needs to be about a minute longer.

I hated them until I started playing guitar again. Then I ~listened~ and realized that I don’t hate Zeppelin, I hate Robert Plant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sagrilarus

More
26 Nov 2017 03:53 #258201 by Grudunza

SuperflyTNT wrote:

RobertB wrote: Sagrilarus wrote:

I hated them until I started playing guitar again. Then I ~listened~ and realized that I don’t hate Zeppelin, I hate Robert Plant.

That’s it for me, too. Musically, they often kick ass with a lot of great variety, but Plant’s voice gets real whiny and brittle a lot of times. There are a few tunes he carries well, and I’d include “Immigrant Song” on that list.

More
26 Nov 2017 05:14 #258202 by Jackwraith
I'd argue that "Immigrant Song" is actually the worst track on Led Zeppelin III. Otherwise, it's my favorite Zeppelin album.

More
26 Nov 2017 08:16 #258204 by __
"I saw Alien Covenant". Which is 4 words more than that tripe deserved, one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Pathetic.

More
26 Nov 2017 09:11 #258205 by Shellhead

Tron wrote: "I saw Alien Covenant". Which is 4 words more than that tripe deserved, one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Pathetic.

It was worse than Prometheus? Yikes. I was so disappointed with Prometheus that I still haven't seen Covenant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
26 Nov 2017 13:18 #258207 by Hex Sinister

More
26 Nov 2017 13:18 #258208 by Grudunza

Jackwraith wrote: I'd argue that "Immigrant Song" is actually the worst track on Led Zeppelin III. Otherwise, it's my favorite Zeppelin album.

I wouldn't go that far. I think it's kind of a disjointed, transitional album, but "Since I've Been Lovin' You" is awesome.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 1.665 seconds