October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about collectible card here.

Has anyone ever sold cards to troll and toad?

More
26 Sep 2013 21:10 #161937 by QPCloudy
I was up late last night going through cards and just shipped off a nice bundle to Troll and Toad. I was just wondering if anyone else has had any experience doing this with them. Are they quick and efficient, or will they try to take advantage and squeeze every drop out of me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2013 21:44 #161940 by dragonstout
I've sold to Troll & Toad before. You were selling Magic cards?

They have a reputation for being slow, but I submitted the buy order, sent it, and got a check back within 3 weeks (maybe it was even 2, but I deposited the check 3 weeks after the buylist e-mail date). No e-mail was ever sent that they'd received the cards, though. I received from them exactly the amount of money the buy order was for: that's actually a BIG deal. A LOT of stores that you send buylist stuff to, they'll fucking claim every other card is in worse condition than you said it was and ding you a TON. CardKingdom dinged me a ton, from what I remember, but the most weaselly policy is StrikeZoneOnline's. You know what they do? First of all, they just flat-out reject cards that aren't in the condition they want...and they have a policy where if it's under $5 of cards, they don't send it back to you. So of course they rejected $4.80 worth of cards, and those cards were Near Mint for sure, since I had already been warned that they are INSANELY picky. Not a big deal if you're sending them a huge amount of stuff, though, just be aware that they'll pocket $5 of your cards.

My favorites are Coolstuffinc and AdventuresOn. I've also sold to ABU Games and been satisfied.

More
26 Sep 2013 21:50 #161941 by QPCloudy
I sold a bunch of Pokemon. There were maybe a few cards that were not mint but nothing that I should get dinged for. All my stuff goes directly into binders, sleeves, or a box as soon as it is opened. I talked to the guy today and asked bimbos they do business. Says they will email with an alternate offer on cards that the disagree with. I tried cool stuff first because I want to get Pathfinder card game with some of the proceeds, but their buy list wasn't big enough.

More
26 Sep 2013 23:18 - 26 Sep 2013 23:19 #161953 by rocketkiwi
I sold some crappy Game Boy Advance games I picked up at the flea market to them on the 11th. The time between the games arriving and being marked as accepted/pending payment was very short. I selected Paypal payment, and have yet to be paid, so I'm guessing they probably bulk them on one day. Can't argue with the prices they paid me, though.
Last edit: 26 Sep 2013 23:19 by rocketkiwi.

More
26 Sep 2013 23:21 #161954 by QPCloudy

rocketkiwi wrote: I sold some crappy Game Boy Advance games I picked up at the flea market to them on the 11th. The time between the games arriving and being marked as accepted/pending payment was very short. I selected Paypal payment, and have yet to be paid, so I'm guessing they probably bulk them on one day. Can't argue with the prices they paid me, though.

They claim approx 10 days from receipt. I image you will be paid any time now.

More
27 Sep 2013 12:50 #161974 by SuperflyPete

QPCloudy wrote: I was up late last night going through cards and just shipped off a nice bundle to Troll and Toad. I was just wondering if anyone else has had any experience doing this with them. Are they quick and efficient, or will they try to take advantage and squeeze every drop out of me?

I've sold them all kinds of shit, since they're local KEeeeenTuckieeeee folk. Always did me well, although GET TRACKING. They tried to say that they had no record until I said that I did, and it was signed for by "Big Jim" or whatever. Because of their mishap they gave me 10% extra credit on my miniatures (it was SW Miniature spaceships that time).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
27 Sep 2013 13:09 #161977 by QPCloudy

SuperflyTNT wrote:

QPCloudy wrote: I was up late last night going through cards and just shipped off a nice bundle to Troll and Toad. I was just wondering if anyone else has had any experience doing this with them. Are they quick and efficient, or will they try to take advantage and squeeze every drop out of me?

I've sold them all kinds of shit, since they're local KEeeeenTuckieeeee folk. Always did me well, although GET TRACKING. They tried to say that they had no record until I said that I did, and it was signed for by "Big Jim" or whatever. Because of their mishap they gave me 10% extra credit on my miniatures (it was SW Miniature spaceships that time).

I got tracking but I did not require a signature.

More
27 Sep 2013 14:48 #161984 by SuperflyPete
Mine is all about "internal paranoia with regard to sending a company large amounts of money".

When I'm shipping Ebay stuff, all I need to do is be able to prove that I shipped something; it's not my problem if the end-user didn't receive it. I always use PayPal shipping to ensure that I can't be blamed for "wrong address" stuff.

When I'm shipping to Troll and Toad or Noble Knight type operations, I'm not being paid up front, so I make sure that the recipient is accountable, so it's worth the extra dollar to me to get someone I can call by name and say, "Hey, cunt, you signed for it. So where's my shit?".

Just me. You'll probably be fine.

More
08 Oct 2013 18:33 #162683 by rocketkiwi
All the items I sent Troll and Toad are up for sale on their site, but they haven't paid me yet. Pretty annoying.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds