October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2507 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about collectible card here.

Omen: A Reign of War. Second Edition. Kickstarter Rewards Explained.

More
04 Jan 2012 04:55 - 04 Jan 2012 04:59 #111787 by smallboxgames
Chances are you've seen the banner up at the top of the page we've had running for the Omen: A Reign of War. Second Edition. Kickstarter Project we currently have live. You may have even clicked the link and checked out the project, and maybe you were confused as hell by the reward levels. Some other people were confused, too, so here we are.

We're very sorry for any confusion, and appreciate all of the FATtie support for Omen: A Reign of War in the past year; from reviews to new customers. This new Second Edition we're really excited about, and is something we couldn't pull off without Kickstarter. Having clear rewards obviously helps the project to succeed.

Below you'll find explanations of the supporter levels with no thematic fluff. We'd edit them on the Kickstarter page, but they won't allow you to change supporter reward details once they've gone live.

Grizzled Veteran ($15.00)
This Supporter level is specifically for people who already own the first edition of Omen: A Reign of War and the first edition Shattered Aegis expansion.

The Rewards for this level include:
1 new second edition box.
4 brand new units.
All of the Kickstarter promos.
Includes shipping to any address in the United States (International supporters add $15.00 for shipping).

*Think of this as an upgrade kit for existing customers. If you do not own anything Omen, this is not the pledge level for you.

Grizzled Veteran Plus($25.00)
This Supporter level is specifically for people who already own the first edition of Omen: A Reign of War but do not own the first edition Shattered Aegis expansion .

1 new second edition box.
The cards from the 1st edition Shattered Aegis expansion.
4 brand new units.
Includes shipping to any address in the United States (International supporters add $15.00 for shipping).

*Think of this as an upgrade kit for existing customers. If you do not own anything Omen, this is not the pledge level for you.

New Recruit($45.00)
This Supporter level is for people who want a complete copy of Omen: A Reign of War. Second Edition. (the Second edition contains all of the content from the 1st edition base game AND the Shattered Aegis expansion. Plus 4 brand new units. Plus the new second edition box.)

1 Complete copy of Omen: A Reign of War. Second Edition.

*This is what you want to pledge if you want a complete copy of Omen: A Reign of War. Second Edition. and all of the Kickstarter promos and do not already own Omen: A Reign of War.

Grand Commander($55.00)
This supporter level is confusing and is aimed at a very specific supporter base; those who want a complete copy of Omen: A Reign of War. Second Edition. and want the "upgrade kit" reward offered at the Grizzled Veteran supporter level.

1 Copy of all of the Rewards from the Grizzled Veteran supporter level.
1 Copy of all of the Rewards from the New Recruit supporter level.

*This reward level is very confusing. It exists because we had a dozen or so owners of the 1st edition ask specifically for it. It allows them to upgrade the copy of the game they already own AND get a complete copy of the second edition.

Splintered Spears($75.00)
This Supporter level is for people who want 2 complete copies of Omen: A Reign of War. Second Edition.

2 Complete copies of Omen: A Reign of War. Second Edition.
2 Copies of all of the Kickstarter promos.

*This is what you want to pledge if you want 2 complete copies of Omen: A Reign of War. Second Edition. and do not already own Omen: A Reign of War.

Grand Melee($120.00)
This Supporter level is for people who want4 complete copies of Omen: A Reign of War. Second Edition.

4 Complete copies of Omen: A Reign of War. Second Edition.
4 Copies of all of the Kickstarter promos.
Includes shipping to any address in the United States (International supporters add $20.00 for shipping).

*This is what you want to pledge if you want 4 complete copies of Omen: A Reign of War. Second Edition. and do not already own Omen: A Reign of War.

Hopefully, this helps to clear up some of the confusion. If you have any additional questions, let us know!
Last edit: 04 Jan 2012 04:59 by smallboxgames.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2012 05:02 #111788 by Stonecutter
This is just fucking ridiculous. I mean seriously. I hear the game is great, but I'm really not interested in dealing with this level of needless pedantry.

More
04 Jan 2012 05:44 #111790 by PavingMantis
Pedantry? I think this kickstarter needed some explanation.

I know there'd be endless bitching if someone pledged for one of the levels that assumes you have the base game when that person didn't have it. And on the other hand I'm one of the ones who went in for all the first edition and am glad there is some avenue for me to get the second edition stuff. If that means all you other schlubs who didn't buy the first edition have to read two more entries so I get cool stuff too, I'm all for it.

I know there is a hard on in general about being anti-kickstarter, but I've bought small box products before and they've been great, and this isn't some unknown quantity that may turn out to be a piece of shit game - this is good game. It's got Minotaurs and everything.

Good luck John, and for what it's worth I've pledge at the Grand Commander level a few days ago - hopefully this one goes through.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OldHippy

More
04 Jan 2012 09:50 #111795 by Stonecutter
It's not a hardon against kickstarter for my part, I actually think kickstarter is kinda cool, nor is it a hardon against the descriptions, it's the fact that there's so many versions that they need elaborate descriptions. I'm not even mad at them so much as I am at the fact that it's clear that the reason this exists is to placate the whiners on BGG.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notahandle

More
04 Jan 2012 09:52 #111796 by Mr Skeletor

Stonecutter wrote: This is just fucking ridiculous. I mean seriously. I hear the game is great, but I'm really not interested in dealing with this level of needless pedantry.

Sounded pretty straightforward to me...
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
04 Jan 2012 14:09 #111808 by SuperflyPete
The original was pretty wonky, IMO, but it was John's first dance with Kickstarter, and they're a bunch of pricks on the levels. I tried to Kickstart a project a while back and got sick of fucking with them on the levels, so I just up and quit trying.

More
04 Jan 2012 17:29 #111832 by QPCloudy
If I get the package for $45 with the full complete set, is there enough for two players, or does my one ccg buddy ned his own?

More
04 Jan 2012 19:05 #111843 by Notahandle
My only confusion is how people could be confused by the pledge levels. They were explained clearly enough in the first place. i think Stonecutter's right, it's the TOS 'post don't think' mentality at work.

More
04 Jan 2012 19:56 #111848 by smallboxgames
Most of the head scratching came directly from Kickstarter comments and messages, so we weren't really sure what side of the fence people were coming from. Just wanted to make sure everything was crystal clear.

QPC, you only need 1 copy of the game to play almost all of the different game variants:
the Standard game (2 players)
the Draft (2 players)
the Test of Skill (2 players)
the Blood Feud (3-4 players)
the Grand Melee (4 players)

The only variant you can't play with a single copy is the Pure Deck Building variant rules. In order to use the Pure Deck Building rules, each player needs his own copy of the game. However, this hasn't proved to be a very popular format, since it requires 2 copies of the game, and you lose a bit of the excitement of the draft. The Pure Deck Building ruleset exists solely for the fact that some people wanted to be able to build their own decks and play against opponents who have done the same, so we added that variant.

So, the short answer is yes, you only need 1 copy of the game.

More
04 Jan 2012 21:24 #111850 by Sagrilarus
Frankly, kudos to someone in the industry able to write complete sentences that clearly describe the concepts involved. Given the rulebooks I've read lately it's an exceptionally rare skill.

S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen

More
05 Jan 2012 02:23 #111882 by SuperflyPete
It took him a while, but he got there.

Zing!

More
05 Jan 2012 16:59 #111944 by smallboxgames
Heh, yeah. Moving to an actual rulebook instead of trying to fit everything on a single sheet makes that a lot easier.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.449 seconds