October 09, 2023
2287 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2504 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Buy your army to crush your enemies.

Ah, Saturday night...

More
04 Feb 2018 01:18 #262754 by Michael Barnes
I’ve been painting Frostgrave dudes and listening to Lou Reed’s Metal Machine Music on repeat. For the past 4 hours. This post is not a cry for help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Hex Sinister, Brewmiester, Frohike, engineer Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2018 01:45 #262756 by Frohike
Replied by Frohike on topic Ah, Saturday night...
In the context of stuff like Tim Hecker’s “Atlas”, that album’s actually a good listen.

More
04 Feb 2018 01:59 #262757 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Ah, Saturday night...
Spent mine in Cape May, New Jersey eating fish and chips at a local restaurant which seeing as this is a beach town in the middle of winter I figured would be deserted. Nope, place was packed even at 6pm. The food was great and the beer selection. Large which explains why all the local residents flock here.

All the beer snobs were of course fighting to see who could drink the bitterest IPA or double IPA or triple or just eating hops out of a bowl like popcorn. I, true to my contrarian nature, went with an Italian pilsner.

Back to hotel and in bed watching TV by 8pm. Asleep at 8:05. That's what we call "living on the edge", son.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Cranberries, Frohike, engineer Al, the_jake_1973

More
04 Feb 2018 04:06 #262759 by Hex Sinister
Replied by Hex Sinister on topic Ah, Saturday night...
I punched 18 Gloomhaven boards while listening to Merzbow. Ok, the last part is a lie but I would have in retrospect.

More
04 Feb 2018 08:37 #262765 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Ah, Saturday night...
Honestly, that sounds pretty fucking good.

I played darkest dungeon in the library while my wife listened to an audiobook. Being old and not having expectations anymore about what is cool and not cool to do is pretty nice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, SuperflyPete, Frohike

More
04 Feb 2018 12:04 #262782 by gorm
Replied by gorm on topic Ah, Saturday night...
Snuck in a low key game night with two of my buds. Tried a new chocolate stout, played my buddy’s copy of Escape from the Dark Castle (silly fun) then played our first game of Aeons End. Surpisingly good game that was a throw in here in a local trade. Finished the session with a cutthroat game of Go Nuts for Doughnuts. Lots of laughs, great beer and good to catch up with folks. Great way to spend a Saturday night...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
04 Feb 2018 12:10 #262783 by Cranberries
Replied by Cranberries on topic Ah, Saturday night...
Went to campus with my wife. I installed a new standing desk and monitor pole while she worked on a presentation about Writing Centers in Doha, or maybe it was her thesis presentation in LA this month. She is looking for work, so hire her. I brought home the Alphawrite Freewrite so I can sell it because we found cheap tickets to Tokyo and have no money.

After we got back my son drove our daughters to two different parties. I don't even remember what I did for the next two hours, other than feeling guilty about not learning Fields of Fire yet. Oh yeah, I cleaned the kitchen. Then I picked up my daughters from between 9-10 pm. Older daughter's party was at this huge mansion. She kept looking for the address, thinking, "It can't be this mansion" They spent most of the evening looking at the mansion and the cockatoos. Also, an electric player piano that sounded pretty cool.

More
04 Feb 2018 12:44 #262784 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic Ah, Saturday night...
Spent Saturday playing a little guitar and binge watching BBC crime shows since the wife is sick.

Really boring. Quitting smoking didn’t make it better
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
04 Feb 2018 13:25 #262788 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Ah, Saturday night...
Rewired my house's electric system in the rafters until 7pm, spent the rest of the evening telling my hips that they don't hurt as much as they think they do. So yeah, painting and Lou sounds good to me!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
04 Feb 2018 14:02 #262789 by skrebs
Replied by skrebs on topic Ah, Saturday night...
Some friends and I organized a crokinole tournament with about 28 players. Drank good beer and Crown Royal because Canadian. I was partnered with the son of our twice reigning champion so I was hoping the magic was passed on but we placed third losing to the team that ultimately won. Finished with a game of Rhino Hero Super Battle where I think we played by about 50% of the correct rules. Awesome time!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Frohike

More
04 Feb 2018 14:12 #262791 by engineer Al
Replied by engineer Al on topic Ah, Saturday night...
Spent Saturday night reading very strange science fiction (The Tsaddik of the Seven Wonders by Isidore Haiblum) and listening to vinyl from the 70's & 80's (Van Morrison, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Echo & the Bunnymen, Steve Miller Band). Then Shellie and I watched an old TREK episode (Bread & Circuses). Getting ready now to spend Sunday afternoon painting minis! Pretty sweet "too cold to go outside" New England weekend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Frohike

More
04 Feb 2018 14:48 #262793 by SebastianBludd
My wife was wiped out with a cold so while she napped the food prep for the Super Bowl party at her sister's house fell to me. My wife made the dough but I got to finish a batch of homemade soft pretzels, and after that I spent over two hours prepping the sauce and turkey meatballs (it calls for chicken breasts but I thought meatballs would be more fun) for oven shawarma, making a dairy-free tzatziki sauce, boiling a chicken to make stock for white bean chicken chili, and cleaning the kitchen. I really enjoy a cooking challenge (i.e., making shepherd's pie on a weeknight for supper just to see if I can pull it off) but all that was a little overwhelming, even for me.

After all that I took the kids out for food and just hung out until my niece showed up and we chatted with her for a bit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Cranberries, Frohike, the_jake_1973

More
04 Feb 2018 15:12 #262795 by hotseatgames
Replied by hotseatgames on topic Ah, Saturday night...
Took my girlfriend out to a wine bar, a Japanese restaurant, a craft brew bar, and finally a bourbon bar. Then we came home, had the best rye whiskey ever made (Peerless) and watched Predator. Well, Predator was on.

It's been a long time since I've had a better night.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Frohike, engineer Al

More
04 Feb 2018 15:14 #262796 by the_jake_1973
Replied by the_jake_1973 on topic Ah, Saturday night...
I smoked a bacon wrapped pork lion and served it up with Hasselback potatoes and homemade slaw. Then I worked on fleshing out aspects of my buddy's new DnD 5e world.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, SebastianBludd, Frohike

More
04 Feb 2018 15:19 #262798 by Brewmiester
Replied by Brewmiester on topic Ah, Saturday night...
My son wanted to go to dinner at Golden Corral. My wife is still recovering from the flu so it was just a boys night out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, Frohike

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.350 seconds