October 09, 2023
2290 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2506 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about other nerd culture stuff in here.

What are your plans for 2018?

More
05 Jan 2018 04:10 #260252 by Matt Thrower

mads b. wrote: It's called Skyggen over Mundstrup - skyggen meaning shadow and Mundstrup being a danification of Innsmouth. It's a horror comedy about moving to a small village far from the big city, and it's very much inspired by Lovecraft. So far only in Danish, though - I don't know how well the suburbian melancholy will translate, but maybe it's worth a shot.

I'd love to read it, but sadly I don't know Danish. I'll put it next on my languages list, after my pathetic Italian has improved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur, mads b., Cranberries

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2018 07:52 #260255 by SuperflyPete
Added to my list:
ONE OF THE 10 SONGS is Mary had a little lamb by SRV

More
05 Jan 2018 15:50 #260303 by Dr. Mabuse

SuperflyTNT wrote:

Dr. Mabuse wrote: 2017 was breakout year for me: 1 year mark of seperation, a return to theatre after 12 years, quit my full-time job which in turn made me change my debt reduction strategy, which in turn meant paying off my debt 4 years early (at a fraction of the total). And fell in love with a Facebook friend's photos from her trip to Iceland.

All that preamble is leading up to 2018.

Gonna do more acting (perhaps out of town), save money for the first time in 20 something years and take a solo trip to Iceland.

You need to make sure Cincinnati and/or Louisville are on the list of places you'll be doing shows. Just sayin. At least you'll have a place to stay.

Theatre gigs are hard enough to come by in Canada, with no US Working Visa and zero contacts that's pretty much not going to happen anytime soon, though I appreciate the offer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
08 Jan 2018 16:03 #260536 by Pat II
Finally finished a major reno job on new years eve. 1 year and 9 months of toiling all my spare time to create a rec room for my family in my basement. Heated floors, pool table (doubles as dining table and gaming table solid birch), bar area with a gaming island/bar and full on home theatre with three sofas. Countless injuries, dollars, curses and hours were poured into this. I had some help from friends along the way but mostly my sweat from bare concrete to finish.

I felt I needed to finish one damn project to completion before attempting any others so I wouldn't have this unfinished job weighing me down. I'm glad I did it so now I can focus on enjoying this space and spend time painting minis and time with my kids. I have 2 other game projects to finish that have been on hiatus and I know I will get them done now having slayed the demon of procrastination and whatever the fuck the word is for starting too many things without finishing them.

On new years day my best friend had a heart attack and died the following morning. This was very sudden. I just sent him photos of my project done the day before. We grew up together and led similar lives so this hits home.

2018 has started really shitty but has reminded me of the importance of spending quality time with loved ones. Make more time from bullshit "busy" schedules and not to put any more thought into money and work than needed to get through because it is the people around you or that you surround yourself with, that hold real value. It's time to cash out another vacation now from retirement because I might not be here tomorrow.

I'm planning on going to Gen Con for rhe first time as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mads b., lj1983, SuperflyPete, hotseatgames

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.355 seconds