October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2509 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about other nerd culture stuff in here.

Idiotic Companies

More
14 Jun 2015 09:32 #204254 by ThirstyMan
Idiotic Companies was created by ThirstyMan
Read this transcript. I hate salespeople and this kind of selling. It's bullshit..........

info: All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
info: You are now chatting with 'Bhavesh S'
Bhavesh S: Hi Andy, I apologize for the wait time. My name is Bhavesh, how are you today?
Andy: I have a question. On your site it says $47.76 for two years. How much will it be AFTER the two year period for another two year renewal?
Bhavesh S: 2 years renewal fee is $239.76.
Andy: WOW that is a massive increase
Andy: and far more than I pay now for hosting
Andy: thanks for your time

Bhavesh S: We are running on a promotional offer. You can take the best of it. You can signup for 3 years the maximum with this offer.
Andy: I'm looking further than 3 years
Bhavesh S: I would suggest you go for 3 years. If you go for 2 years, then the renewal price would be $239.76. If you go for 3 years, then you will get the offer for 3 years at just $71.64.
Andy: right
Andy: $71.64 PER year or for all three years

Bhavesh S: It is for first 3 years.
Andy: You aren't answering the question. I want to know the price AFTER the three year intro price because I want a webhost for longer than 3 years
Bhavesh S: 3 years renewal fee is $323.64.
Andy: OK that's what I thought. That is way too expensive for me. That is more than $100/yr and I pay $72/yr with a different company and have done for 10 years.
Andy: You are actually penalising people for staying with you longer than 3 yrs.
Andy: The net cost per year rises the longer they are with you

Bhavesh S: You can contact us on before account renewal so that we will provide the discounted renewal fee for you.
Andy: Where does it say that on terms and conditions?
Bhavesh S: It does not says in Terms of Conditions.
Andy: You've just said it will be $323.64 for another 3 years. So what will be the ACTUAL cost when I ask for a three year renewal?
Bhavesh S: I am sorry.
Bhavesh S: We have mentioned about the renewal policy in Terms of Conditions page.
Bhavesh S: You can read the Terms of Conditions (Billing and Payment) at:
Bhavesh S: www.ipage.com/legal/legal_useragreement.bml
Bhavesh S: 3 years discounted renewal fee will be $250.20.
Andy: Can you show me where this is written down?
Bhavesh S: One moment please.
Andy: So what you are saying is that I have to trust you that there will be a discounted rate after the introductory period and that this rate will be $250.20?

Bhavesh S: We have mentioned about the regular renewal fee on iPage main website www.ipage.com
Bhavesh S: At bottom of the page you can see the message '*The introductory prices are for the first term of service only and automatically renew at the regular rate. Note: If you register a free domain through us and wish to cancel your account, there is a non-refundable $15 domain fee if you would like to keep your domain'.
Andy: You have not specified a cost
Andy: I know that but there is no mention of $250.20 anywhere in your documentation

Bhavesh S: Please click on the link ' renew at the regular rate' to see the cost.
Bhavesh S: We can offer the discounted renewal fee $250.20 for you.
Bhavesh S: We have not mentioned about the discounted renewal fee $250.20 in main webpage.
Andy: that is not $250.20 it is $323.64
Bhavesh S: Sir, we have not mentioned about discounted renewal fee $250.20 in main webpage or Terms of Conditions.
Bhavesh S: But we can offer the discounted renewal fee $250.20 for you.
Andy: Exactly. So I have to take your word that there is a discounted rate because your company will not put it in writing.
Andy: Anywhere

Bhavesh S: We do not publish this on our webpage.
Bhavesh S: You can save this chat conversation for proof.
Andy: If that is so, why does your company not put it on the website?
Andy: Must be a reason

Bhavesh S: Sir, we do not provide the discounted renewal fee for all our customers.
Andy: I'm 100% sure a chatline is not legally binding. Maybe that's the reason.
Bhavesh S: I have offered the discounted renewal fee especially for you.
Andy: This is sounding worse the more we talk about it. If your company was serious about this they would mention it on their website and explain how you get this discounted rate. One presumes it isn't just a rate given to people who point out the problems in renewal.
Andy: It is not a personalised rate at all. It is given to people who query your actual printed renewal rates. This, I consider very poor business

Bhavesh S: We do not offer the discounted renewal fee for all our iPage customers.
Andy: Right, only those that complain and that you haven't made a sale to yet.
Bhavesh S: I have offered the discounted renewal fee $250.20 only for you.
Bhavesh S: We do not mention about the discounted renewal fee in iPage main page.
Andy: You still aren't getting it. I consider offering discounts to customers that point out your unfair renewal policies is poor business practice. Perhaps you should consider mentioning it on your website then there would be no suspicion
Andy: Thnks for your time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2015 02:27 #204294 by Sevej
Replied by Sevej on topic Idiotic Companies
I found the old ways of doing business is aggravating in this time and age of internet.

People trying to ensure they have better "backroom deals" when compared to others who put cheap prices outright. Or maybe some companies are having agreement on a specific minimum prices, so they can only offer "special prices" by means of CS chat.

More
15 Jun 2015 08:46 #204301 by Legomancer
Replied by Legomancer on topic Idiotic Companies
I hate haggling and I hate dealing with salespeople. Tell me what the price is, period. I don't want to play any stupid fucking games with you.

I will happily pay more for something that is sitting right in front of me and I don't have to talk to anyone about instead of navigating some hotshot's labyrinth of bullshit.

(I also don't like Negotiation boardgames for this reason.)

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.563 seconds