October 09, 2023
2218 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2438 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

FFG GW Breakup FOMO - 1 Year Later

More
15 Sep 2017 19:01 #254331 by Michael Barnes
It was an era, that's for sure. I was at GAMA 2004 when they announced the partnership...I remember them showing the Fury of Dracula box and my mouth fell open.

But now, in 2017...I think GW makes better GW games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2017 04:18 #254337 by Dr. Mabuse
With Hunter and Trollslayer expansions for Warhammer Quest Adventure card game are at least double the original price since going OOP. I picked those up just after the announcement.

More
16 Sep 2017 08:48 #254338 by Cranberries
Ebay has Diskwars with both expansions and free shipping for $50. That isn't bad.

More
16 Sep 2017 20:00 #254344 by metalface13

Dr. Mabuse wrote: With Hunter and Trollslayer expansions for Warhammer Quest Adventure card game are at least double the original price since going OOP. I picked those up just after the announcement.

Yeah, I picked both of those up after the announcement. Really like the game, but haven't had the chance to play the new characters yet.

More
16 Sep 2017 20:20 - 16 Sep 2017 20:21 #254345 by Michael Barnes

cranberries wrote: Ebay has Diskwars with both expansions and free shipping for $50. That isn't bad.

That's me. I'll sell to a F:ATTIE for $45 shipped. It's actually 2 core sets and both expansions.
Last edit: 16 Sep 2017 20:21 by Michael Barnes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, Cranberries

More
17 Sep 2017 03:42 #254352 by Sevej

Michael Barnes wrote: It was an era, that's for sure. I was at GAMA 2004 when they announced the partnership...I remember them showing the Fury of Dracula box and my mouth fell open.

But now, in 2017...I think GW makes better GW games.

I kind of like FFG games though. I'm not sure why, but when I see an FFG game, even with their most boring IP (say, Terrinoth), it just sparks my imagination. GW games though, I know it's going to be straightforward.

(although that could be a misperception, I found a LOT of FFG games missed my expectation--boring cards/event, number games, etc)
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman

More
17 Sep 2017 07:28 #254355 by southernman

metalface13 wrote:

Dr. Mabuse wrote: With Hunter and Trollslayer expansions for Warhammer Quest Adventure card game are at least double the original price since going OOP. I picked those up just after the announcement.

Yeah, I picked both of those up after the announcement. Really like the game, but haven't had the chance to play the new characters yet.

Someone on BGG provided me with scans of the two characters cards so when I get into crafty mode I'll print those off as well as some of teh fan-made scenarios and get it out again - main problem is too many (good) games and too few gaming days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse

More
23 Sep 2017 07:34 #254651 by wadenels
I picked up all the Talisman, but in the process I accidentally ended up with duplicates of a couple expansions. Since this was right when Talisman stuff was going out of stock I sold them and CitOW and nearly completely funded the big Talisman purchase.

I also stocked up on some Warhammer Diskwars. I have 3x core sets and 2x each expansion, which is a lot to play with. I don't play Warhammer Diskwars as much as I'd like, though.

I was prepared to sink some cash into Talisman and Diskwars and ended up not having to sink all that much at all.

Where I did sink some cash is picking up WFRP 3e stuff, which bounced between OOP and clearance for a while. I've got a whole box of that stuff now.

More
23 Sep 2017 10:16 - 23 Sep 2017 10:17 #254656 by engelstein
Right after the announcement I picked up the last copy of Forbidden Stars at my FLGS for $100.

It's still sitting on my shelf in shrink, and now you can buy it on Amazon for $50. Another classic Engelstein financial masterstroke!
Last edit: 23 Sep 2017 10:17 by engelstein.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, boothwah, birdman37

More
23 Sep 2017 11:17 #254658 by hotseatgames
Fury of Dracula is going for like $150 on ebay. At that insane price, I'm tempted to move my copy since I can't get it to the table. But then I wouldn't have Fury of Dracula..... I will probably keep it because I like it.

More
23 Sep 2017 13:26 #254662 by Cranberries

engelstein wrote: Right after the announcement I picked up the last copy of Forbidden Stars at my FLGS for $100.

It's still sitting on my shelf in shrink, and now you can buy it on Amazon for $50. Another classic Engelstein financial masterstroke!

Attachments:

More
23 Sep 2017 17:56 #254673 by Michael Barnes
The FLGS I visit is full price, but when FOMO was going on they had a copy of Forbidden Stars- a game I only kind of like, mind you- mispriced at $65. I did think that one was going to go up because it was released late in the partnership and therefore wouldn't have as many reprint cycles.

But I guess there were enough copies to satisfy demand and now it is practically a closeout item. I don't think it would be woeth selling it for as much as it would cost to ship it at this point.

At this point, I think Death Angel, Team Manager, and WHQACG are going to be the long term speculator's picks. They were all in-house designs and are the LEAST likely to be reprinted in a favorable way. Meaning, with the GW IP attached.

Chaos I think will hold value but there is so much of it out there. Several reprint editions. But it will be in demand for years to come. Horned Rat on the other hand, that will go nowhere but up in value. There was never really enough of that to go around in the first place.

GW will reprint Fury of Dracula.

Horus Heresy may go up in value from $10.00 to $12.00.

Talisman is HOT now, but it will crater by the end of the year. Most people miss that ALL of the FFG expansions and content were created by FFG under license to GW, with GW smartly retaining ownership. As far as I can tell, they own all of Talisman in perpetuity. Art, card text, revisions, everything. Unless they totally shit the bed and mess The Reaper or whatever, those values will plummet.

LCGs will remain essentially worthless.

Warrior Knights has been totally forgotten.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample

More
23 Sep 2017 21:33 #254680 by Gary Sax
Yeah, I think Horned Rat is the one that's going to get absurd too. Reminds me of my copy if the class of cultures expansion.

More
25 Sep 2017 17:25 #254773 by wadenels
It's too bad Warrior Knights is largely forgotten and the expansion is so hard to find. It's a game I really like and will probably never sell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Unicron

More
25 Sep 2017 18:05 #254777 by Vlad
I hope that if GW re-prints Dracula, maybe they'll do more not-focused-on-miniatures games. OK, what I really want is a game about Skaven, something in the vein of Spartacus. With diplomacy, backstabbing and the crazy inventions that are as likely to blow in your face as they are to hurt your opponent.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.410 seconds