October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2508 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Second half of 2016 - What are you looking forward to?

More
17 Jul 2016 15:21 #230325 by drewcula
Oh right, Blood Bowl.
If it's out in Q4 as projected (in places), I'll probably go for it. I have some FLGS gift certificates for $120, and that seems like a good way to blow it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2016 16:53 #230329 by Feelitmon
I got back into board gaming about three years ago, so I went through the typical "oh my gosh, there are so many great games to buy!" phase for a couple of years. Now I'm in the inevitable follow-up to that, where I'm struggling to get playing time with the games I already own. Definitely my need to keep up on what's coming has diminished to mere interest, and I guess the small number of board games on my list reflects that:

Joking Hazard is a party game by the Cyanide and Happiness people, and it looks like it'll be a hoot. To me it seems like it'll have more going for it than Cards Against Humanity does, although it's definitely in the same vein.

Is the Kingdom Death: Monster Lantern Festival expansion going to be released this year? I haven't heard anything, but it would make sense for them to announce its availability on Black Friday this year.

Marvel's Doctor Strange movie has had a teaser but no trailer yet, as far as I know. I don't know much about the movie, but I really like the character and I'm hoping that Marvel makes a cool movie that a) honors the trippy nature of the comics, and b) treats this magic as magic. The magic-as-superscience thing is an elegant dodge for the Thor franchise because of the fact that you have characters there that are "gods." But I want our Sorcerer Supreme to wield magic magic.

To my regret I never played Ico or Shadow of the Colossus, which are both supposed to be fantastic games. The Last Guardian has been in the works for years and years, and what they've shown of it so far looks gorgeous and wonderful.

More
17 Jul 2016 20:27 #230333 by Cranberries
I'm looking forward to really playing Pax Pamir and Twilight Struggle.
I'm going to buy Ashes: Phoenixborn

Other than playing the recently ordered games (Sherlock, Dixit, and Sushi Party Go) we have enough good stuff on the shelf that I shouldn't feel the need to purchase anything. I'd like to read a book a week.

More
17 Jul 2016 23:41 #230336 by Gary Sax
Preordered Comancheria, but I doubt that's coming out this year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Space Ghost

More
18 Jul 2016 00:40 #230337 by Space Ghost
Nice -- I loved Navjo Wars; I didn't know about Comancheria so that is definitely going to be a highlight.

That, and all these damn GW games that I have become completely enamored with. Definitely going to get Blood Bowl. Might even get out ManO' War, but that will ahve to be played with cardboard stand-ins -- I don't have any of the models. Prior to Blood Bowl being rereleased, I had been interested in Dreadball 2 but I don't need to football games (I am a sucker for the damn things) so will try to exhibit some self-control.

More
18 Jul 2016 07:40 #230344 by Legomancer
Man, come November I'm going to be the only one here not just playing with plastic soldiers.

Will there be any point in me going to Trashfest NE? I got rid of my Star Wars figures but I still have some Battle Beasts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ska_baron, Mr. White

More
18 Jul 2016 08:25 #230349 by drewcula

Space Ghost wrote: That, and all these damn GW games that I have become completely enamored with. Definitely going to get Blood Bowl. Might even get out ManO' War, but that will ahve to be played with cardboard stand-ins -- I don't have any of the models. Prior to Blood Bowl being rereleased, I had been interested in Dreadball 2 but I don't need to football games (I am a sucker for the damn things) so will try to exhibit some self-control.

Space Ghost, I'd reconsider DreadBall 2. I'm a fanatic, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt, but I have both DreadBall and Blood Bowl. They're both fab, and scratch different itches. DreadBall helps when time is short (plays in 1/2 the time of BB), and costs a lot less. Mr. White also plays both.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, Mr. White

More
18 Jul 2016 09:19 - 18 Jul 2016 09:20 #230351 by Gary Sax
I need a copy of Navajo Wars but it's going for like 140 dollars now. Might just wait and see if they ever reprint it. IIRC it has a fair amount of errata anyway, so probably a good idea.
Last edit: 18 Jul 2016 09:20 by Gary Sax.

More
20 Jul 2016 15:37 #230522 by Unicron
Time of Crisis
Hands in the Sea
First Martians
The Awakening expansion for Labyrinth
Colonial Twilight (Two player COIN)

My other GMT P500 stuff doesn't look likely to release this year

More
20 Jul 2016 18:39 #230529 by DukeofChutney
- Pax Renaissance, reprint of Triumph and Tragedy
- A new summer suit
- reading more FAT

More
20 Jul 2016 20:05 #230535 by wadenels
Suits have seasons?

More
21 Jul 2016 16:17 #230591 by DukeofChutney
Lighter colours and fabrics for summer, suitable for looking dapper at the cricket.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wadenels

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds