October 09, 2023
2424 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2632 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

I finally finished my game shelves

More
06 Jun 2016 14:06 #228674 by bryce0lynch
I'm very happy with them, although I think I need to do some stain touch up. They have a good design and it's MUCH easier to mow pick out a game.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, Black Barney, Columbob, boothwah, JEM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2016 14:19 #228675 by Ska_baron
Nice! I like the look of it, but is it annoying to have those dividers not perpendicular to the shelves? I ask only because it'd be a shame for the look to trump the function since it looks so damn good!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryce0lynch

More
06 Jun 2016 14:27 #228676 by Mr. White
Weren't you the guy who ran like an 18 person game of BlockMania? Where is that pile of GW classics?

Nice shelves though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryce0lynch

More
06 Jun 2016 14:34 #228677 by Michael Barnes
Popcorn machine???
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, bryce0lynch, Black Barney

More
06 Jun 2016 14:45 #228678 by bryce0lynch
Ah, a misunderstanding, I think.

The object called "Game Shelves" has only secondary function of storing games. It's primary function is to inspire awe & fear in the peerage and vassals. Besides, it also holds all my games and I only expect to prune back further (Wiz War, Trailer Park Wars, Mage Knight expansion separate box, I'm looking at you!) KonMarie sez it gotta bring me joy, and it brings me more joy to be collapsed.

Yup, I'm at the Meg-meg-mania guy. Block Mania is on the lower shelf, next to Star Wars Risk. My Dan Tana ice cream cap is on the other side of the wall on my memory wall. In fact, I was about to pitch the extra 14 player expansion YESTERDAY, but my wife convinced me to keep it.

Yup, Popcorn machine. Gamers LOVE popcorn, and it's cheap. Same reason I own a food service hot dog roller. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
06 Jun 2016 15:34 #228679 by boothwah
Love the light fixture in the dining room. Way kitschy cool.

/That sounded really metro sexual
//Outing myself before Barney does
///i dig the fact that the diagonals mean you never to fight to get and end box out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ska_baron, bryce0lynch, Black Barney

More
06 Jun 2016 16:15 - 06 Jun 2016 16:16 #228680 by SuperflyPete
I really dig the design. Looks like something you should post to Woodworking for Mere Mortals. Dig the color a lot.

I built one more traditional 8 months ago or so. Didn't finish it, needed the space.

Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Jun 2016 16:16 by SuperflyPete.

More
06 Jun 2016 16:39 #228681 by Chapel
My shelves look like that when I build them from IKEA...I don't think on purpose though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, boothwah

More
06 Jun 2016 17:57 #228686 by Black Barney
Inb4 a certain FATtie asplodes about another thread on shelves.

I like that the games get the preferential placement to the air conditioning unit clearly stolen from a hotel room

More
06 Jun 2016 20:29 #228688 by Sevej
I don't have dedicated shelving for board games. They're sharing a bookshelf with my wife's books, miniatures, laptop and stuff. But the shelf (Ikea Billy-s) is right in my living room (the only big open room in my house, along with the kitchen), so my neighbors always ask in awe about my hobby.

More
07 Jun 2016 07:26 #228692 by bryce0lynch

Black Barney wrote: I like that the games get the preferential placement to the air conditioning unit clearly stolen from a hotel room

Cost/Benefit. Got a room for $40, cash. Pulled the unit and replaced it with plywood so I would get my deposit. Bingo! $850 saved for a new room AC/Heater!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
08 Jun 2016 02:37 #228727 by Ancient_of_MuMu

Sevej wrote: I don't have dedicated shelving for board games. They're sharing a bookshelf with my wife's books, miniatures, laptop and stuff. But the shelf (Ikea Billy-s) is right in my living room (the only big open room in my house, along with the kitchen), so my neighbors always ask in awe about my hobby.

I thought Ike Billy shelves were only 10-12 inches (25-30cm) deep and thus just a little bit too shallow to use comfortably to store games.

More
08 Jun 2016 13:48 #228742 by Shellhead

Ancient_of_MuMu wrote:

Sevej wrote: I don't have dedicated shelving for board games. They're sharing a bookshelf with my wife's books, miniatures, laptop and stuff. But the shelf (Ikea Billy-s) is right in my living room (the only big open room in my house, along with the kitchen), so my neighbors always ask in awe about my hobby.

I thought Ike Billy shelves were only 10-12 inches (25-30cm) deep and thus just a little bit too shallow to use comfortably to store games.

Matter of preference. Many of my games stick out of my Billy bookcases by an inch or more, but none of them are in danger of falling out or otherwise suffering damage as a result.

More
08 Jun 2016 16:15 #228745 by fastbilly1

Ancient_of_MuMu wrote:

Ikea use to carry a 15inch deep version of the Billy, but it was sadly discontinued two years ago.

More
08 Jun 2016 19:41 #228747 by Sevej

Shellhead wrote:

Ancient_of_MuMu wrote:

Matter of preference. Many of my games stick out of my Billy bookcases by an inch or more, but none of them are in danger of falling out or otherwise suffering damage as a result.

Indeed, the games do stick out, but not an issue. There's the big ass Runewars box on top of one though...

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds