October 09, 2023
2610 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2809 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Need a copy of "I'm The Boss" for research.

More
23 Apr 2009 14:03 - 23 Apr 2009 20:42 #26734 by Ryan B.
All,

I live in Tampa,FL but am taking coursework at... well, let's just say a school in the up in the Northeast. : )

At any rate, in discussion with some of the professors there, I have raised up I'm the Boss (which is my favorite game) as an example of excellence in understanding the dynamic of the subject of negotiation for research purposes. They seemed very interested to examine it as a tool for research after explaining the dynamics of the game. In fact, in the conversation, I offered to obtain a copy and ship it to them so they could review it for themselves.

Problem: "I'm the Boss" has seemingly gone out of print for the time being... as the promises for a reprint this spring have not materialized.

Is there anyone that has a reasonably nice copy of the game, who is not that interested in the game itself (AND that has a complete copy) that would be willing to part ways with it... for the good of research?

I'm willing to pay, up to a point, if no one is willing to absolutely donate. But as this is not for myself and I am not giving up my copy because I love the game... I thought I would just *ask* first? : ) I'm headed back up in June.

Thanks!

Ryan B.
"A fun game starts with fun people".
Last edit: 23 Apr 2009 20:42 by Ryan B..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2009 16:29 #26755 by hancock.tom
Replied by hancock.tom on topic Re:Need a copy of
They are just for research..... I swear.

More
23 Apr 2009 16:57 #26762 by Notahandle
Replied by Notahandle on topic Re:Need a copy of
Next, he'll be wanting to research a LARP version of Busen Memo.

More
23 Apr 2009 17:00 - 23 Apr 2009 17:01 #26763 by Juniper
Replied by Juniper on topic Re:Need a copy of
Notahandle wrote:

HINT:
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 23 Apr 2009 17:01 by Juniper.

More
23 Apr 2009 18:25 #26777 by Mr MOTO
Good thing that you didn't want to see the 'Like A Boss' video for research...

If I have a line on one Ryan I'll let you know. I'm heading to a board game con this weekend so there is a possibility. What price range would you want to keep it in/under?

More
23 Apr 2009 20:16 - 23 Apr 2009 23:15 #26784 by Ryan B.
Notahandle wrote:

Ok, Notahandle. My inner Charlton Heston speaks: I gotta ask.... what the heck is a Larp? As for Busen Memo, c'mon dude. Anyone that throws up that tired joke, I swear has women issues. : )

So here's some research: Is that the case with you Notahandle? Women Issues? Really, just go up and say hi to them. Compliment them on their hair, their eyes.

Let them do all the talking. Whatever a Larp is, I'm guessing it can't be good, because you obviously think it is so funny. So maybe try asking them to a movie.

Seriously, Notahandle, if you need help with women... I can help you. : )

Here you go>

dating.personals.yahoo.com/singles/datin...dC13b3JrBHp6A2FiYw--

Cheers!

Ryan B.

PS Does this mean you aren't gonna try and help me find the game? (LOL)
Last edit: 23 Apr 2009 23:15 by Ryan B..

More
23 Apr 2009 20:33 - 23 Apr 2009 20:53 #26785 by Ryan B.
Replied by Ryan B. on topic Re:Need a copy of
Mr MOTO wrote:

If I have a line on one Ryan I'll let you know. I'm heading to a board game con this weekend so there is a possibility. What price range would you want to keep it in/under?

You da man, Mr. Moto. Thank you for taking time out to try and get a bead on it for me. MUCH appreciated. I would like to see what is thrown up from them as far as a cost??? Why do you think they would be willing to part with it? As for me, I would prefer not to have to put out too much investment since this is for another entity but obviously I'm interested in obtaining a copy of the game if at all possible. What do you think he/she may ask for it? Would they be willing to donate it if I pick up the shipping costs? My concern is that in a very general sense people start to panic they learn there may be a degree of scarcity involved with a commodity... like "What? It's not in stock??? I'll sell it to him for $300.00. That's my final offer!" sort of a thing. Ya know? : )

In fact, a research study was done that proved conclusively that people who have things they perceive to be in high demand, tend to vastly over-inflate their value to what they think someone is willing to pay.

Let's just say I will be reasonable in what I will pay and I won't waste your time. And I'm not trying to give you a giant run around. You're doing me a favor, after all! I really do appreciate you tracking on this for me. It really is for a cool research cause.

I'll message you the details of what this is for, on this board.
Last edit: 23 Apr 2009 20:53 by Ryan B..

More
24 Apr 2009 07:43 #26817 by Notahandle
Replied by Notahandle on topic Re: Need a copy of
Ryan B. wrote:
"...what the heck is a Larp?"
Live Action Role Playing.

"As for Busen Memo, c'mon dude. Anyone that throws up that tired joke, I swear has women issues. : )"
So it's a weak joke, lighten up, did I hit a sore spot?

"Whatever a Larp is, I'm guessing it can't be good, because you obviously think it is so funny."
Actually I think they're terminally sad. Ditto Busen Memo come to that.

"Seriously, Notahandle, if you need help with women... I can help you. : )"
I seriously doubt that since you've demonstrated that you need to use dating tips websites.

"PS Does this mean you aren't gonna try and help me find the game? (LOL)"
PS off. (Sorry, another weak joke, wonder what issues that reveals to you...)
If I had a copy I'd be only too happy to trade it for something good.

More
24 Apr 2009 08:10 - 24 Apr 2009 08:45 #26820 by Ryan B.
Replied by Ryan B. on topic Re: Need a copy of

Notahandle wrote:
"...what the heck is a Larp?"
Live Action Role Playing.

"As for Busen Memo, c'mon dude. Anyone that throws up that tired joke, I swear has women issues. : )"
So it's a weak joke, lighten up, did I hit a sore spot?

"Whatever a Larp is, I'm guessing it can't be good, because you obviously think it is so funny."
Actually I think they're terminally sad. Ditto Busen Memo come to that.

"Seriously, Notahandle, if you need help with women... I can help you. : )"
I seriously doubt that since you've demonstrated that you need to use dating tips websites.

"PS Does this mean you aren't gonna try and help me find the game? (LOL)"
PS off. (Sorry, another weak joke, wonder what issues that reveals to you...)
If I had a copy I'd be only too happy to trade it for something good.

I'm just having a little fun, Notahandle. But don't know that I need to use the dating websites... as I'm married. You gotta keep up with my blog! (LOL) : )

Besides, I didn't insult you. It's not like I called you Steve Weeks or anything like that. THEN you would have the right to be offended. (Just kidding Steve!. We love ya, baby.)

So evidentially, I am supposed to know this, but what is Live Action Role Playing?

Alright boys (and girls), getting back on track... I have one person actively working on tracking this down for me... can I get any more help?

What if I say "Please"? : )
Last edit: 24 Apr 2009 08:45 by Ryan B..

More
24 Apr 2009 08:40 #26821 by Schweig!
Replied by Schweig! on topic Re: Need a copy of
Adrian's joke was funny!

Also I guess any university should have some money available for "research study".

More
24 Apr 2009 08:49 #26822 by Ryan B.
Schweig! wrote:

Adrian's joke was funny!

Also I guess any university should have some money available for "research study".

Yea, I would most definitely say so...especially in this case. But that requires getting PO's and admin work. Trust me when I say that for my particular audience, there is no time for that.

And I'm the one "selling" the idea. So I am working to make it *convienient* for them.

More
24 Apr 2009 09:28 - 24 Apr 2009 09:30 #26834 by Notahandle
Replied by Notahandle on topic Re: Need a copy of
Ryan B. wrote:
"But don't know that I need to use the dating websites... as I'm married. You gotta keep up with my blog! (LOL) : )"
Is your wife/husband aware that you use such sites? I can see it now: "Yes dear, it's perfectly innocent, I'm researching polygamy."

"Besides, I didn't insult you. It's not like I called you Steve Weeks or anything like that."
Or accused me of being an ATOE voter...

"So evidentially, I am supposed to know this, but what is Live Action Role Playing?"
Now I'm wondering if you're trolling or giving me enough rope. It's Role Playing. Live. With Action (allegedly). AKA an excuse to dress up in silly costumes and pretend you're an elf/hobbit/pick-your-own-despised-fantasy-stereotype.

"Alright boys (and girls), getting back on track... I have one person actively working on tracking this down for me... can I get any more help? What if I say "Please"? : )"
What if you say $300? Then I'll get active!

"And I'm the one "selling" the idea. So I am working to make it *convienient* for them."
Head over to T.O.S. and create a poll in support of your idea. Or pay them $300 as well.
Last edit: 24 Apr 2009 09:30 by Notahandle.

More
24 Apr 2009 10:00 #26843 by Ryan B.
Notahandle wrote:

Ryan B. wrote:
"But don't know that I need to use the dating websites... as I'm married. You gotta keep up with my blog! (LOL) : )"
Is your wife/husband aware that you use such sites? I can see it now: "Yes dear, it's perfectly innocent, I'm researching polygamy."

Um, look at the link Notahandle. Last time I checked Yahoo! was not a dating website. (LOL)

Oh. And if I DO give you enough rope, Notahandle, you sure know how to use it!

But again, we digress from topic... : )

More
24 Apr 2009 10:04 - 24 Apr 2009 10:15 #26845 by Ryan B.

Ryan B. wrote:
Oh. And if I DO give you enough rope, Notahandle, you sure know how to use it!

Now THAT is a blantant troll. Someone should call me out on that.

Notahandle?

(Now I'm taking myself off topic!)
Last edit: 24 Apr 2009 10:15 by Ryan B..

More
24 Apr 2009 10:07 - 24 Apr 2009 10:20 #26846 by Schweig!
Replied by Schweig! on topic Re: Need a copy of
There are six games up for sale on BGG currently for around $60.

Or do you mean a different I'M THE BOSS than that one: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/115 ?
Last edit: 24 Apr 2009 10:20 by Schweig!.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds